CS3 expiring after two days for CS2 user?

P
Posted By
PeterSo
Dec 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed the beta version of CS3 yesterday and it is now expiring. I have a registered version of CS2 in stalled on the same computer. CS2 was installed but not yet registered when I installed the CS3 beta, CS2 is registered now. How can I prevent CS3 from expiring after two days? It should be 30 days when having a registered copy of CS2.

Peter So

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
Joe
Dec 16, 2006
"PeterSo" wrote:

I installed the beta version of CS3 yesterday and it is now expiring. I have a registered version of CS2 in stalled on the same computer. CS2 was installed but not yet registered when I installed the CS3 beta, CS2 is registered now. How can I prevent CS3 from expiring after two days? It should be 30 days when having a registered copy of CS2.
Peter So

You can get the CS3 Key from Adobe site. But I read it has problem recognizing some CS3 (or it’s known problem).

Here, I can’t get pass the Agreement screen to continue the installation, and I am guessing CS3 may require IE to install, and I have IE 7 and FireFox on my system.
N
nomail
Dec 16, 2006
PeterSo wrote:

No, it should not be 30 days. It’s only 2 days, and then you must activate it, so why don’t you just do that.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl
R
Roberto
Dec 16, 2006
You have to go to the Adobe site and put in your CS2 serial number and they will give a new number for CS3. This apparently has bugs that Adobe is working on. Without this serial number the beta dies in 2 days.

LJC

"PeterSo" wrote in message
Peter So
P
PeterSo
Dec 16, 2006
Go to
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs%5 Fphotoshop%5Fsn

and enter your CS2 serial number to get a serial number for CS3. Use this number then to activate your copy of CS3.

Peter

Little Juice Coupe wrote:
You have to go to the Adobe site and put in your CS2 serial number and they will give a new number for CS3. This apparently has bugs that Adobe is working on. Without this serial number the beta dies in 2 days.
LJC

"PeterSo" wrote in message
Peter So

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections