Posted By
Conrad
Dec 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m not a fast reader but I finished reading Julianne Kost’s book "Window Seat" – The Art of Digital Photography & Creative Thinking – in half a day (including lunch and a nap).

If you’ve read this book – stop here because you’ll pretty much know what I’m going to say.

This is an unique (strange, different?) book. It’s in three parts. The first two fly by (hmm, an interesting metaphor as you’ll see).

Part one is basically on creativity. This and part two display pictures Julianne has taken from plane windows (commercial flights) over the past five years. Part three covers how she used Photoshop to tweak her pictures. This part, 29 pages, half of which are pictures, would take a lifetime (at least) to utilize. Unbelievable!

Julianne has been working with Photoshop for about 13-14 years. She is top notch and knows Photoshop inside and out. You’ll find her name in the list of participants producing Photoshop when you fire up the program.

Best,

Conrad
Camp Sherman, Oregon

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

ST
Space Traveler
Dec 4, 2006
Conrad:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I have seen the book and wondered. Looks like it may be worth a look! I have been waiting for Julianne Kost to come to town in one of the Software Cinema Workshops. I’ve seen Katrin Eismann who was great. Sounds like a good deal when you get this much information out of such a fast read!

Kurtis

Conrad wrote:
Hi,

I’m not a fast reader but I finished reading Julianne Kost’s book "Window Seat" – The Art of Digital Photography & Creative Thinking – in half a day (including lunch and a nap).

If you’ve read this book – stop here because you’ll pretty much know what I’m going to say.

This is an unique (strange, different?) book. It’s in three parts. The first two fly by (hmm, an interesting metaphor as you’ll see).
Part one is basically on creativity. This and part two display pictures Julianne has taken from plane windows (commercial flights) over the past five years. Part three covers how she used Photoshop to tweak her pictures. This part, 29 pages, half of which are pictures, would take a lifetime (at least) to utilize. Unbelievable!

Julianne has been working with Photoshop for about 13-14 years. She is top notch and knows Photoshop inside and out. You’ll find her name in the list of participants producing Photoshop when you fire up the program.

Best,

Conrad
Camp Sherman, Oregon
W
wayne
Dec 4, 2006
Conrad wrote:
Hi,

Best,

Conrad
Camp Sherman, Oregon

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for the review. I agree fully.My own review of the book is up at: <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/bestbooks/photo.php>

Have you looked at Caponigro’s Adobe Photoshop Master Class book? My review of that is also up and it is one I often recommend to people.

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/ Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
T
Talker
Dec 29, 2006
On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 06:24:13 +1100, "Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote:

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for the review. I agree fully.My own review of the book is up at: <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/bestbooks/photo.php>
Have you looked at Caponigro’s Adobe Photoshop Master Class book? My review of that is also up and it is one I often recommend to people.
Cheers,

Wayne

Another good book is "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson.

Talker

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections