G
Posted By
Gummo
Jul 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any good alternatives recently? I know it’s good but it’s so despreately slow.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SB
Sally Beacham
Jul 16, 2003
"Gummo" wrote in message

No. There’s nothing that can touch it for the sheer depth and breadth of it’s effects. You can spend your time waiting for it to render, or in search of replacements that don’t exist. Or, you can spend the rest of your time learning to do it by hand. (Or, you can get some more RAM, like I did. Vrooom vrooom.)

Sally Beacham
www.dizteq.com
www.psppower.com /FilterMunky’s best friend
www.lvsonline.com/ Paint Shop Pro, Filter Frenzy, Xara X
H
Hecate
Jul 17, 2003
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:09:59 -0400, "Sally Beacham" wrote:

"Gummo" wrote in message

No. There’s nothing that can touch it for the sheer depth and breadth of it’s effects. You can spend your time waiting for it to render, or in search of replacements that don’t exist. Or, you can spend the rest of your time learning to do it by hand. (Or, you can get some more RAM, like I did. Vrooom vrooom.)

LOL! I just bought the set. (Well, it was bought for me actually). And it’s a great time saver. And it works quick enough with a gig of RAM – how else would I get any coffee breaks? 😉

Hecate
(Fried computers a specialty)
SB
Sally Beacham
Jul 17, 2003
"Hecate" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:09:59 -0400, "Sally Beacham" wrote:

"Gummo" wrote in message
Any good alternatives recently? I know it’s good but it’s so
despreately
slow.

No. There’s nothing that can touch it for the sheer depth and breadth of it’s effects. You can spend your time waiting for it to render, or in search of replacements that don’t exist. Or, you can spend the rest of
your
time learning to do it by hand. (Or, you can get some more RAM, like I
did.
Vrooom vrooom.)

LOL! I just bought the set. (Well, it was bought for me actually). And it’s a great time saver. And it works quick enough with a gig of RAM – how else would I get any coffee breaks? 😉

Hiya Hecate…

Yep, I gave this machine a transplant, and Dream Suite zooms now, as does everything else.
Fun effects, and did you get Mystical Lighting, too? That’s my absolute favorite plugin of all time, or Time As We Know It.

Sally Beacham
www.dizteq.com
R
Roberto
Jul 17, 2003
It never stops amazing me that people expect such complex effects that are either time consuming to do by hand or impossible to do by hand to render in just a few seconds.

R
G
Gummo
Jul 17, 2003
There’s no point in being amazed. Most of the plug-ins I’ve used work reasonably quickly; it’s just that, when you run into Dream suite, it does grate a bit.

Gummo

"nospam" wrote in message
It never stops amazing me that people expect such complex effects that are either time consuming to do by hand or impossible to do by hand to render
in
just a few seconds.

R

H
Hecate
Jul 18, 2003
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:37:17 -0400, "Sally Beacham" wrote:

Hiya Hecate…

Yep, I gave this machine a transplant, and Dream Suite zooms now, as does everything else.
Fun effects, and did you get Mystical Lighting, too? That’s my absolute favorite plugin of all time, or Time As We Know It.

Nope. It was the DS Suite which comes with 1, 2 and Gel. Can’t complain when someone gives me a prezzie 🙂 I’ve seen a review of ML by a professional designer and he loves it too. I shall have to add it when I get the cash. AutoFX seem to be doing about the best plug ins at the moment (even if I say it through gritted teeth given th way they never replied to me <g>).

Hecate
R
Roberto
Jul 18, 2003
Oh, sure Gummo, it is slow. But, trying doing most of those effects by hand and then tell me about slow. Frankly, I can wait a minute to have then rendered. We are after all not talking about a cheesy drop shadow or button bevel.

R

"Gummo" wrote in message
There’s no point in being amazed. Most of the plug-ins I’ve used work reasonably quickly; it’s just that, when you run into Dream suite, it does grate a bit.

Gummo

"nospam" wrote in message
It never stops amazing me that people expect such complex effects that
are
either time consuming to do by hand or impossible to do by hand to
render
in
just a few seconds.

R

F
Fungusamungus
Jul 18, 2003
"Sally Beacham" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:24:51 +0100, "Gummo"
wrote:

There’s no point in being amazed. Most of the plug-ins I’ve used work reasonably quickly; it’s just that, when you run into Dream suite, it
does
grate a bit.
Stop whining and have a coffee break 😉

Hahhahahah yeah… what she said.

You caffeine addicts, you :]
H
Hecate
Jul 18, 2003
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:56:03 GMT, "Fungusamungus" wrote:

wrote:

There’s no point in being amazed. Most of the plug-ins I’ve used work reasonably quickly; it’s just that, when you run into Dream suite, it
does
grate a bit.

You think I’m bad now, you should see me *before* I’ve had coffee 😉 Or perhaps you shouldn’t…

Hecate
SB
Sally Beacham
Jul 19, 2003
"Fungusamungus" wrote in message
wrote:

There’s no point in being amazed. Most of the plug-ins I’ve used
work
reasonably quickly; it’s just that, when you run into Dream suite, it
does
grate a bit.

You popcorn addict, you.

You keeping the couch warm for me?

Sally

SB
Sally Beacham
Jul 19, 2003
You think I’m bad now, you should see me *before* I’ve had coffee 😉 Or perhaps you shouldn’t…

It IS possible that I may OCCASIONALLY be a bit… ummmm… testy… grumpy… okay the word that rhymes with "witch" – but generally it’s before 9 a.m. and always without coffee.

Sally Beacham
www.dizteq.com
F
Fungusamungus
Jul 19, 2003
"Sally Beacham" wrote in message > >

You popcorn addict, you.

You keeping the couch warm for me?

Sally

and a fresh pot of coffee :]

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections