Posted By
Loic
Nov 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi anyone,
I am in need for a special need. I received a RVB image that must be used as a background for a published leaflet.
So i coverted it into CMYK mode and the conversion created rich blacks with high CMYK values such as 90/90/90/100. I would like to reduce the ratios of CM & Y channels in the darks areas so the rates of black zones are close to something like 60/60/60/100 WITHOUT and that is the most important desaturing so much medium and lights areas of the pictures. I just want to reduce CM & Y in the dark areas.
I tried using the black channel as an aplha channel to reduce the amount of CM & y (filling white 20% opacity in these channels) and sure i get what i want mathematically but the colour result is not so good. Using curves is not a good issue as well.
What could you advice to me in order to get a proper result. I did a capture, you can look at it here :
http://gateway.caldera.fr/experimentation/loic/debouchage.jp g Thanks a lot.
Loic

….! > brain blackout

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Nov 23, 2006
"Loic" wrote in message
Hi anyone,
I am in need for a special need. I received a RVB image that must be used as a background for a published leaflet.
So i coverted it into CMYK mode and the conversion created rich blacks with
high CMYK values such as 90/90/90/100. I would like to reduce the ratios of
CM & Y channels in the darks areas so the rates of black zones are close to
something like 60/60/60/100 WITHOUT and that is the most important desaturing so much medium and lights areas of the pictures. I just want to reduce CM & Y in the dark areas.
I tried using the black channel as an aplha channel to reduce the amount of
CM & y (filling white 20% opacity in these channels) and sure i get what i want mathematically but the colour result is not so good. Using curves is not a good issue as well.
What could you advice to me in order to get a proper result. I did a capture, you can look at it here :
http://gateway.caldera.fr/experimentation/loic/debouchage.jp g

Bonjour Loic,

Place info points on several areas of deep black. Then add a Selective Color layer as the topmost layer, then remove yellow, magenta, and cyan from black until you get to your 240 ink limit.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
L
Loic
Nov 23, 2006
"Mike Russell" wrote in
news:MYe9h.18109$:

"Loic" wrote in message
Hi anyone,
So i coverted it into CMYK mode and the conversion created rich blacks with
high CMYK values such as 90/90/90/100. I would like to reduce the ratios of
CM & Y channels in the darks areas so the rates of black zones are close to
something like 60/60/60/100 WITHOUT and that is the most important desaturing so much medium and lights areas of the pictures. I just want to reduce CM & Y in the dark areas.
I tried using the black channel as an aplha channel to reduce the amount of
CM & y (filling white 20% opacity in these channels) and sure i get what i want mathematically but the colour result is not so good. Using curves is not a good issue as well.
http://gateway.caldera.fr/experimentation/loic/debouchage.jp g

Bonjour Loic,

Place info points on several areas of deep black. Then add a Selective Color layer as the topmost layer, then remove yellow, magenta, and cyan from black until you get to your 240 ink limit.

i will try this as soon as possible, thanks for helping. Bye Loic

….! > brain blackout
L
Loic
Nov 23, 2006
Bonjour Loic,

hey that seems to be the good way. Finally i was advice to let rvbs images and then let the printer adjust the picture as the profiles are included. Thanks a lot.
Loic

….! > brain blackout
MR
Mike Russell
Nov 23, 2006
"Loic" wrote in message
Bonjour Loic,

hey that seems to be the good way. Finally i was advice to let rvbs images and then let the printer adjust the picture as the profiles are included. Thanks a lot.

Glad to help!

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections