L
Posted By
leonperrins
Aug 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop CS, I want to print 4 images, each 5" x 3.75" on a single sheet of A4 paper.
I open up the images concerned and then select File, Automate, Picture package. The Picture package screen opens and the imagine left open in the previous screen is imported into the new screen 4 times.
Although I have selected A4 paper previously, the page size now is 20.3 x25.4 cm and the image size is 4"x5" (4) in the layout box.
I appreciate that I can choose "edit layout" and replace the current images with the one’s required but is there a way to change the "Frontmost Document" ?
There appears no provision to change the paper size to A4 or change the layout to (4) 5" x 3.75".

leonperrins

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Aug 3, 2004
From the Photoshop Help file:

Print multiple photos on a single page using the automated Picture Package command.

a.. Open one of the photos you want to print, and choose File > Automate > Picture Package. The Picture Package dialog box displays the currently active image in the default layout.
b.. In the document area of the Picture Package dialog box, choose a Page Size and Layout option.
c.. Enter a resolution of 300 pixels per inch (ppi), or use the recommended setting for your printer.
d.. To add a photo, click the photo that you want to replace in the layout. Then, in the Select an Image File dialog box, locate the file you want to add to the layout, and click OK.
e.. Replace additional photos as needed.
f.. When you are satisfied with the layout, click OK. Photoshop creates a new document with a photo layout that you can print.
L
leonperrins
Aug 5, 2004
Thanks for the info Len.

I am following the course you outline but keep getting stuck on the paper size.

The document area only offers 3 sizes:- 20.3×25.4;25.4×40.6 & 27.9×43.2.

In the UK we commonly use A4 which is 29.7×21.00 cm.

Can I input this anywhere?

I have tried File and New in the opening screen but it does n’t carry over to the Multiple page.

Any ideas?

leonperrins
L
LenHewitt
Aug 5, 2004
Leon,

From the Page Size just select "Custom" and type in 210 x 297 and millimetres
L
leonperrins
Aug 6, 2004
Len,

Thanks, I hadn’t noticed the feature in "Edit".

Sorry if I’m a pain but how can I change the printable area?

Selecting (4)4" x 5" prints in a page size of "21.0cm x 29.7cm should leave a margin all around the multiprints but I get an error message saying that it is outside the printable area and clipping will occur.

I’ve looked all throughout the "Help" section but can’t find how to set margins/printable area.

Leon
L
LenHewitt
Aug 6, 2004
Leon,

It will be the width that is causing you problems. You have a total image width of 203.2mm add the gutter between the prints and you will be quite a bit wider than the printable area of A4 media which is rarely any greater than 200 mm at the maximum.
L
leonperrins
Aug 7, 2004
Len,

Thanks for the reply, hope you are n’t regretting answering the first message. I was n’t aware of the term "Gutter".
I have played about making the gutter smaller but it was only showing .006ins anyway. I’ve also made the column wider but to no avail.
I should have explained that I have set the image size to 3.75 x 5ins. I’ve found out how to set the layout to (4)3.75 x 5ins but when I attempt to print, there is always the message ……..some
clipping etc.
Is it possible to achieve what I am attempting?
L
LenHewitt
Aug 7, 2004
Leon,

Create a new file at 210 x 297 mm. Draw two lines, one from TLH corner to BRH corner and the other from TRH to BLH to form a cross. Print it on A4 paper ignoring the ‘clip image’ warning.

That will allow you to measure the printable area of A4 is on your particular printer
L
leonperrins
Aug 8, 2004
Len,

Many thanks for everything.
The printable area is in fact 11.125 x 7.750ins so there is plenty of room. The secret is to ignore the clipping message.
I only found out how to adjust the Layout to different size combinations by accident but I did find out.
As I’ve read somewhere, everything is possible in photoshop if you can find it.

Thanks again,

Leon
L
LenHewitt
Aug 9, 2004
Leon,

Having established your maximum printable area, that is the size you should enter in your Custom Page size – then you won’t get the clipping warning

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections