Posted By
Paul Watt
Oct 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Whats the best way of producing a glass effect? For example I want a rectangle filled with glass.

Cheers

Paul
le singe est dans l’arbre
http://www.paulwatt.info

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Cortez
Oct 25, 2006
Can you describe what kind of glass effect you are looking for? Glass is generally only apparent by the effect it has on the object behind it, such as blur, distortion, reflection, color change, etc.

You could try running the distortion > glass filter on the subject, but I doubt that is the effect you mean.

TK

Paul Watt wrote:
Hi,
Whats the best way of producing a glass effect? For example I want a rectangle filled with glass.

Cheers

Paul
PW
Paul Watt
Oct 26, 2006
"Cortez" wrote in message
Can you describe what kind of glass effect you are looking for? Glass is generally only apparent by the effect it has on the object behind it, such as blur, distortion, reflection, color change, etc.
You could try running the distortion > glass filter on the subject, but I doubt that is the effect you mean.

TK

Paul Watt wrote:
Hi,

I want a clear,shiny and non-distorted glass effect. I dont know how to describe it any further. Im using CS2 btw.

Cheers

Paul
U
ushere
Oct 26, 2006
Paul Watt wrote:

TK

Paul Watt wrote:
Hi,

I want a clear,shiny and non-distorted glass effect. I dont know how to describe it any further. Im using CS2 btw.

styles > load glass
K
KatWoman
Oct 27, 2006
"ushere" wrote in message
Paul Watt wrote:

TK

Paul Watt wrote:
Hi,

styles > load glass

additionally there are several good downloads of glass styles available free at Adobe Exchange
one of my favorites is Laurie’s glass
make the shape and apply a style
then you can see in the effects palette, how they were done and edit to personalize or make your own

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections