WF
Posted By
Willis_Finch
Aug 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using a Nikon D70 and am having trouble bringing images into Photoshop CS for Windows.

I have downloaded the Camera Raw 2.2 plug two times, but am still having problems. When I open the file into photoshop it opens a camera raw window but half of the tools on the right side are hidden from view. I cannot expand the window nor see any of the tools located at the bottom of the window either.

Also, I cannot minimize or maximize the window.

Can anyone explain what it going on?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 3, 2004
Read the existing posts on very similar problems and follow the directions.

(hint: remove the Nikon plugins)
RG
Rags_Gardner
Aug 3, 2004
Willis,

I don’t have an answer, but I do have a similar problem. With a Nikon D70 image ACR 2.2 give me a message “Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document”. The file manager also does not show the thumbnail or preview image but it does show the metadata. The image opens fine with Nikon Capture Editor V4. If you have Nikon Capture or Nikon View you do have to remove their PS plug-ins. I have no extraneous Nikon plug-ins.

ACR works fine for me with Nikon D1X, D2H, and D100 files. So, there is something different with the D70. Since I don’t have a D70 I have not pursued this. My only reason for posting is to let you know that there seems to be something strange about the D70. Have you looked into the Nikonian D70 and PS forums?

Cheers, Rags 🙂
GH
Grass_Hopper
Aug 3, 2004
Rags,
I have the ACR plugin working properly on my machine and it reads my D70 NEF files just fine. One must make sure that there are no Nikon camera raw plugins that are preventing the ACR plugin from working properly.

To quote Thomas Knoll (from a thread <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bb3e0a4> in the Camera Raw forum <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de806ff>):

To open Nikon D70 images using Adobe Camera Raw, you need to:

1. Download and install the Adobe Camera Raw 2.2 update from Adobe’s website.

2. Delete from Photoshop’s plug-in folder and all subfolders all copies of the "Nikon NEF plugin". Nikon installs this plug-in in up to two places inside Photoshop’s plug-in folder, and both most be deleted. Otherwise it overrides the Adobe plug-in.

My suggestion is just a little different from Thomas’: don’t delete the files, simply rename them by putting a ~ in front of them. That way, it will be easy to go back to the original plugins without a reinstall of them.

hth,
grasshopper
RG
Rags_Gardner
Aug 3, 2004
Grass Hopper,

Thanks. Been there, done that, got a T-shirt.

Willis,

I just re-read your question. Are you running in a low-resolution screen mode? If so, your problem has nothing to do with ACR or the Nikon D70. The ACR window is simply too big for your screen.
GH
Grass_Hopper
Aug 3, 2004
Rags,
I answered this portion of your post My only reason for posting is to let you know that there seems to be something strange about the D70. Have you looked into the Nikonian D70 and PS forums?

Because there is *nothing* wrong with the ACR and the D70! I have it and use it! I also have Nikon View and Nikon Capture installed and can use them as well.

Your screen resolution idea seems to be a good one 🙂
JA
Janie_Anderson
Aug 6, 2004
Thank you! I have been wrestling with RAW for a week, trying to get the full window as I had it in my Lepp Institute course. Your clue that Nikon installed its plug-in in 2 places led to the solution!

RAW is powerful and great because you don’t lose any of the original capture by making adjustments here. You can always go back and see exactly what you did and change it again for another purpose. I can’t wait to get started now!
GH
Grass_Hopper
Aug 6, 2004
Janie,
I’m happy that my suggestions helped you 🙂
B
bthomas99
Aug 6, 2004
I found that you have to up your resolution up a notch to fix the window problem and to open files with right clicking> open with >adobe cs…. I had they same problems… Good Luck !

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections