LH
Posted By
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jul 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have two images of the same scene, one digital one scanned film. The digital has the most accurate color of a particular place, and I want to generate the same color in the film version. I tried Color match and it was ghastly! So what I did was obtain an average RGB at a place of interest, write down the numbers and proceed, in curves to duplicate the numbers at a similar place. FYI, the scene is a house in the middle ground, in a set of evergreens and deciduous trees, nice sky in the background, and a dry field of grass golden in color. it’s the gold I want to reproduce. it came out to muddy in the transparency, most likely because the field was in shadow for that exposure. So, what I would like to do is select the field and change the RGB or Lab numbers to correspond to those from the reference image. Is there a way to pick a spot, plug in the numbers and have PS do it’s adjustments proportionally across the selected area? In other words, use numbers instead of sliders or the mouse to set the color.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

IL
Ian_Lyons
Jul 30, 2004
Lawrence,

Color Match works much better when you make a slection of the KEY area within you Source and Target images. See if doing so in your case helps.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jul 31, 2004
Right on, Ian. Had I been paying attention at the outset, I would have studied the dialog box. The first attempt was so ghastly that I quickly went on.

I used it once before, to match skin tones and it worked fine without selection, so I thought it would always work that way. DUH!

Numbers? Don’ need no stinkin’ numbers!

But it would be nice. 🙂

So many thanks for the suggestion, Ian. Photoshop is a never ending learning curve. Amazing possibilities around each corner, under every tool.

I have to say this about Photoshop. I have used many technical tools on the computer, such as Schematic capture, board layout Spice analysis tools, filter design software. They all relieve the drudgery of hand calculation trial and error (although I can still draw a schematic by hand far faster!)and provide much better accuracy and consistent project results.

But, they are not FUN! Photoshop is FUN! Even screwing up is interesting. And fun. Screw up with Orcad and…. 🙁

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections