H
Posted By
haverbach
Jul 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PC, 2.6GHz Pentium, 1GB memory, ATI video card with 128MB of onboard memory, two hard drives, Photoshop CS and Windows XP. Windows and Photoshop are on the primary hard drive; scratch disk set to the other hard drive. Photoshop is set to consume 75% of resources.

I do photo restorations, always working in 16-bit mode. Yes, BIG FILES.

In using the Healing Brush (and sometimes other functions, but often with the Healing Brush), upon executing the click of the mouse, the "healing" process seems to begin behind the scenes, but everything visible and useable is stalled while the hard disk grinds away. For 5 to 30 seconds, while the "healing" brush and Photoshop in general are stalled; I just have to wait.

Note that I have 1GB RAM, my video card has 128 MB of RAM, and I have a second, scratch, disk. ANY CLUES?

Thank you.

Howard

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 29, 2004
turn down the memory % to 50%, for a start. see if that helps.
IL
Ian_Lyons
Jul 29, 2004
Howard,

It’s a known issue that effects both PC and Mac Platforms. You might find that installing the Adjusted Refresh Plugin helps.

< http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2552>
CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 1, 2004
And the healing brush is slow in 16 bit/channel mode.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections