AN
Posted By
A.Neil_Grunsten
Jul 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Unable to import any images from my new C-8080 into Photoshop CS. I choose File>Import>WIA Support and get a message that says no WIA device is connected. Windows XP OS. My camera is connected and turned on and I’m able to import all images into Olympus Camedia 4.2 ( RAW included ). Any ideas? Thanks, Neil

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jul 29, 2004
Neil,

I’ve got a C5050 and don’t recall it ever showing up as a WIA device when connected. I’ve never tried to import images directly from it into Photoshop, but I don’t believe that can be done. I’ll try to remember and check that out tonight and let you know the results for certain. Of course, this assumes too that both cameras behave similarly, but maybe my older model simply doesn’t support WIA if you know that yours is supposed to.

Another thing…I’m not sure what advantage WIA might offer if it should work with these cameras, but at the very least you should be able to access the camera as a regular removable drive, and browse down to the folder containing your images. I usually just don’t edit in-camera files myself, but rather move or copy them onto my hard drive and work from there.

Regards,

Daryl

P.S. – I’m envious…while I don’t need to be spending a grand for a new camera, a 10% discount coupon for Best Buy arrived in the mail recently and it is tempting to get another 3 Mpx of data over what my C5050 offers. Then again, it would also be tempting to get a $1300 Nikon D70 for $130 off! Hard to decide which I’d like best, especially given my existing Minolta SLR equipment and the expected release of a Minolta DSLR come the fall. I should just wait I suppose.
AN
A.Neil_Grunsten
Jul 29, 2004
Daryl

The C-8080 is listed as one of the new cameras that can transmit RAW files directly into Photoshop CS. So, there’s got to be a way. Neil
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 30, 2004
I just want to add I’m envious of both of you!

dave with the oly 3020 zoom. (but do you have an oly dye sub printer to go with it?!! huh? huh? <g>)
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jul 30, 2004
No Dave, the prints are too small! ha! I’ll stick with 13×19" on my Epson 1270.

Actually, that’s why I’d rather have the C8080…8 Mpx would be much happier enlarged for that size print.

Neil, I guess I wasn’t thinking about the intent behind using WIA or other import module, but I gather you’re wanting to shoot RAW images that go directly into PS for reviewing/editing? I only ask since I’m assuming you’re aware of reading in an ORF file via the Camera Raw option?

Daryl
RK
Ronald_Keller
Jul 30, 2004
Neil,

I too have a C-8080 and although I prefer putting the memory card in a reader it is indeed possible to get the files directly from the camera. Only you should not use "Import" but simply "Open" the files.
The moment your camera is connected and switched on Windows will add a removable drive. Simply navigate to that drive and folder and open the files.

Ronald
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jul 30, 2004
Well, with my C-5050, I definitely couldn’t do any sort of importing into PS CS, but opening files in the conventional fashion works fine. However, I did exercise the WIA import to see what that was all about, and saw that it provided the only camera selection available on my PC at the time as being my webcam. I didn’t go any farther, but I expect this is all about capturing an image that is ported directly into PS for review and editing. I’m guessing that is the goal Neil is after, in which case I don’t know what to suggest.

Daryl

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections