V
Posted By
vtot4y602
Dec 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am not a professional but like to have the best tools. Would someone tell me if Adobe CS in (lieu of 7.0) is worth buying for a amateur like me? Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
Jimmy
Dec 25, 2003
"RO" wrote in message
I am not a professional but like to have the best tools. Would someone tell me if Adobe CS in (lieu of 7.0) is worth buying for a amateur like me? Thanks.

Given the two choices you propose, go with the CS. However, if you are a amateur and want to test the waters before spending significant money, I suggest Photoshop Elements 2. There are other non-Adobe programs that are good, but you seem to be leaning towards Adobe.
PR
Paul Riemerman
Dec 25, 2003
An amateur photographer wanting to do digital darkroom work should be able to do pretty much anything you want in a light version of PS (Elements or LE). Burning, dodging, sharpening, color correction and filter effects.

Paul Riemerman

"RO" wrote in message
J
john
Dec 25, 2003
In article ,
(RO) wrote:

Sure, CS is fine if you are a rich amateur who doesn’t mind working a little harder for the ordinary things, but Adobe Elements has the most common amateur features right up-front in a handier presentation and costs only $50 to $80.
U
ugyldig
Dec 25, 2003
Have been using Photoshop Elements 2.0 for about a week now, and I have not been disappointed. In fact, it is an extremely efficient and friendly, stable and rounded companion. Thoroughly recommended!
NW
No Where Man
Dec 25, 2003
If you have a Canon or Nikon Digital SLR, then I’d definitely recommend it – primarily for it’s support of the RAW format. If you’re using a "point and shoot" digital, then Photoshop Elements 2 or MS PictureIt would be a better choice (or possiblily even Paint Shop Pro)
A
Auspics
Dec 26, 2003
A lot of people seem to think expensive software and ‘leading edge’ equipment will make up for being an average photographer. When Minolta released their first AF 35mm, I sold one to a customer who absolutely had to have one of the first into the country.

He came back after the first roll of film and demanded I replace the camera because he hadn’t bothered to take the time to understand about backlit photography and had shot 24 frames of his sister’s wedding into the sun and had perfect pictures of the background!

Photoshop is a professional product. I guess it’s a sign of the times that professional software is freely available to rank amateurs. Unless you have the need for expensive software, most digicam operators will find more value in other products. Photoshop elements is quite good as is Corel Photopaint. I use Photoshop CS at work but at home, my digital darkroom uses Corel software and I get the same quality results as I do at work. As a bonus I get several other products in the suite and the cost is quite a lot less than for Adobe software.
Doug

"RO" wrote in message
G
Gene
Dec 26, 2003
On 25 Dec 2003 09:18:16 -0800, (RO) wrote:

Get Photoshop CS. That way if you fail, you will not be able to blame the software 🙂

Me–

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections