http://www.theprinterdatabase.com/
Thomas

"Rob" wrote in message
Does anyone have any ideas where I can get an A3 Colour Printer from in
the
UK? (Laser Jet – if possible)

I have been looking for a while and asking local computer retailers and
all
I get is blank looks and ‘oh’ im not too sure about that?!?!?
I was wondering if anyone could suggest :

1. A good A3 Colour Printer (to be used for University Portfolio and printing proofs/roughs for website layouts)

2. Any retailers in the U.K that I might be able to order one from, preferably Mail Order or retailers in and around Manchester?
Thanks in advance

Rob Mitchell

Graphic Designer / Dreamsite Web Media

www.dreamsite.co.uk

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AZ
Alien Zord
Jul 16, 2003
"Rob" wrote in message
Does anyone have any ideas where I can get an A3 Colour Printer from
in the

I have been looking for a while and asking local computer retailers
and all

1. A good A3 Colour Printer (to be used for University Portfolio
and
printing proofs/roughs for website layouts)

2. Any retailers in the U.K that I might be able to order one from, preferably Mail Order or retailers in and around Manchester?

A3 colour laser printers are very expensive, 2500 quid for the cheapest. Canon make excellent A3 colour inkjets, check the S9000 or the new i9100 here:
http://www.canon.co.uk/bubblejet_printers/index.htm
Even they are over 300UKP.
J
john
Jul 16, 2003
"Bigbrum" <bigbrum47(remove this)@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
IMHO an inkjet would be fine for what you want to do. Jessops are a good place to start (at least to get info!) then shop around places like Comet. I picked up an Epson Stylus Photo 1270 for about
C
Clive
Jul 16, 2003
Hi

I would recommend either the Epson 1290, which has two ink jet cartridges, or alternatively the Epson 2100 which has individual colour cartridges. The 1290 is about
KB
kresimir.bikic
Jul 16, 2003
in article bf30us$rmd$, Rob at
wrote on 16/07/2003 10:04:

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get an A3 Colour Printer from in the UK? (Laser Jet – if possible)

I have been looking for a while and asking local computer retailers and all I get is blank looks and ‘oh’ im not too sure about that?!?!?

1. A good A3 Colour Printer (to be used for University Portfolio and printing proofs/roughs for website layouts)

Thanks in advance

Less expensive and far more better way and printer choice is some HP Ink-jet, trust me! That’s the best option you can get… Don’t buy Epson, as others here will agree, yhey’re slow (nevertheless, quality is superior but you NEED speed, right?!?!) but HP (I have one in my studio, 980 cxi, A4) flies! Literaly… And I’m very VERY much satisfied with it’s performances!

Try to test some models befor you decide which one to buy…

So, I hope these suggestions helped… Good luck man!

Kreso
SZ
Santiago Zawojski
Jul 16, 2003
"Rob" wrote in
news:bf30us$rmd$:

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get an A3 Colour Printer from in the UK? (Laser Jet – if possible)

I have been looking for a while and asking local computer retailers and all I get is blank looks and ‘oh’ im not too sure about that?!?!?

Thanks in advance

Dabs:
< http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-search.asp?action=search&a mp;tid=320&ob=manufacturer&stab=ref>

"HL3450 A3 Colour Laser
Mfr code: HL-3450CN
Quicklinx: 23DCWS
17 1-3 days
S
SpaceGirl
Jul 16, 2003
We use Epson Stylus Photo 1290 A3 colour inkjets and they are suberb, even on bog standard paper – but feed them photo paper or coated paper and you’ll get production quality.

"Rob" wrote in message
Does anyone have any ideas where I can get an A3 Colour Printer from in
the

I have been looking for a while and asking local computer retailers and
all

Thanks in advance

Rob Mitchell

Graphic Designer / Dreamsite Web Media

www.dreamsite.co.uk

KB
kresimir.bikic
Jul 17, 2003
in article bf41l3$b1h71$, SpaceGirl at
wrote on 16/07/2003 19:22:

We use Epson Stylus Photo 1290 A3 colour inkjets and they are suberb, even on bog standard paper – but feed them photo paper or coated paper and you’ll get production quality.

Me too (1270 model – but that’s almost the same) and I must confess that the print quality with this 6-color printer is SUPERB!!! It’s driven thru RIP software (PowerRIP 2000, that’s something similar to BestCOLOR and it can be easily calibrated and it, alltogether works as a real PostScript printer, no bull!) and if anyone wants to have ALMOST-PROOF printer that’s the right combo! And, of course, it’s ment to be used with Special Coated Papers or Glossy Papers manufactured by Epson too!!! I do PROOFS with it all the time and it’s reliable color gives me immediate look into the work I do and it’s final look and feel… And it’s right under your nose. Nice indeed!

Kreso
S
SpaceGirl
Jul 17, 2003
"Kre
F
Faolan
Jul 17, 2003
In article <bf30us$rmd$
1982.freeserve.co.uk says…
<Multi-Post Snipped>

Thanks in advance
Canon are the fastest and are cheap to run, the 9000 or the 9100 have had good reviews. Also one of the easiest to buy refills for.

Epson 1270, 1290 are excellent printers, though slow and have the dreaded chipped cartridges.

Epson 2100 is the ‘best’ archival and photographic quality printer, uses Dye Pigment instead. However you do pay for the quality and it comes with a colour matching kit (or at least the version I played with did). Expect to pay around the £500 mark for these printers.

At the end of the day consider the price of consumables against any price you find. Any of the above will fit your criteria.
KB
kresimir.bikic
Jul 18, 2003
in article bf6m9h$be842$, SpaceGirl at
wrote on 17/07/2003 19:27:

— S N I P —
"Kre¼o" wrote in message
in article bf41l3$b1h71$, SpaceGirl at
wrote on 16/07/2003 19:22:

We use Epson Stylus Photo 1290 A3 colour inkjets and they are suberb,
even
on bog standard paper – but feed them photo paper or coated paper and you’ll get production quality.
— S N I P —
No to mention the £300 price tag…! Really good lil printers. I have its’ baby brother, the 750 photo A4 version here at home too. Just as good output, for £120 if you dont mind the smaller format 🙂
— S N I P —

Yep! Agreed! Don’t know about the prices in UK but, here in Croatia, the price for the big brother, 1270 is (was) more/less –> 400 EUR… You feed it with some RIP as I did (PowerRIP 2000) and you get PROOF for a small price and with outstanding performance and quality. Now, the only thing you need is to buy Epson papers and, of course, Epson ink! And the quality won’t be missing, right!? Anyhow, HP is getting in the game these days and they’re also good, fast and reliable. I have small HP ink-jet, 980cxi Pro and I must say it’s FANTASTIC! It’s much faster than Epson but I don’t have any RIP for it but even withou it it’s brilliant!

Kreso
I
innocent-x
Jul 18, 2003
Hi Rob,

I needed a printer for exactly the same stuff as you, printing wort for college and doing proofs of flyers/websites.

Ended up buying an Epson Stylus Photo 1290 from Jessops (remember they do price matches on most items still I think) which hasn’t let me down in the 18months since I got it. The quality is amazing, as people above have been saying, it is even better if you buy expensive paper for it.

James G

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections