JD
Posted By
Jim Douglas
Sep 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been asked by a good friend to make a map to his kids wedding reception. Am a newbie with both tools. I have created the map with illustrator and need to place images/text within it.

Should I do the text in photoshop and cut/paste into illustrator as it seems to have more tools to enhance the text?

I grabbed a picture from the hotel and want to include it also. Now I am thinking to create the map in illustrator and put it all together in photoshop?

Sorry for such basic questions as these tools, at least to me, have a large learning curve.

Thanks

JimD

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
bdchmura
Sep 10, 2006
try this tutorial

http://www.carijansen.com/tips/002/index.php

It should get you started for creating maps.

Gary W. Chmura

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
I have been asked by a good friend to make a map to his kids wedding reception. Am a newbie with both tools. I have created the map with illustrator and need to place images/text within it.

Should I do the text in photoshop and cut/paste into illustrator as it seems to have more tools to enhance the text?

I grabbed a picture from the hotel and want to include it also. Now I am thinking to create the map in illustrator and put it all together in photoshop?

Sorry for such basic questions as these tools, at least to me, have a large learning curve.

Thanks

JimD
JD
Jim Douglas
Sep 10, 2006
Thanks! This helps alot!

gar wrote:
try this tutorial

http://www.carijansen.com/tips/002/index.php

It should get you started for creating maps.

Gary W. Chmura

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message

Thanks

JimD

A
artemaster
Sep 28, 2006
Hi,
I’m french so my english isn’t very good…
Make your map in illustrator and then open also photoshop and make a drag and drop: illustrator to photoshop, then photoshop will ask you if you want a "dynamic object" and you say yes!
here’s my first website for textile designs and Flyers.

http://anne.k-slater.com/

Take care about the surprises, they change…
"Jim Douglas" a

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections