DP
Posted By
Deborah_Palmer
Jul 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am fairly new to Photoshop and would like some information on the proper use of all the image>Adjustments tools.

I use Photoshop CS to produce adverts for print in magazines. Some of our photos are old but still very relevant to what we do today. The trouble is the quality is always poor, always too light, too dark, too red, etc. I have no idea where to start and I’ve made several half baked attempts. Do I just play it by ear or is there a method to this?

Thanks for all your help

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

HP
Helen_Polson
Jul 27, 2004
A google search for "photoshop retouching tutorials" will bring lots of results that should help. You might also consider the excellent book "Photoshop Restoration & Retouching" by Katrin Eismann which has lots of techniques and tutorials.

But the best advice (without having a specific photograph to advise on) is practice practice practice! Experiment, see what happens when you add a curves layer, what happens when you move the sliders on a level adjustment layer etc etc.

Good luck!
GA
Gabriel_Ayala
Jul 27, 2004
desktop publishing dot com perhaps.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections