Posted By
Pascal
Sep 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I wonder, is it possible to execute a command over a list of pictures? Say: resise 40 photo’s (image size) to 50 % and write a new copy jpg for eacht picture?

Pascal.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
jaSPAMc
Sep 3, 2006
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:22:32 GMT, "Pascal" found these unused words floating about:

Hello,

I wonder, is it possible to execute a command over a list of pictures? Say: resise 40 photo’s (image size) to 50 % and write a new copy jpg for eacht picture?

Pascal.
Put them into a clean directory (if there are other images in the current one), then record an action on one, then batch. I usually save the altered images to a sub of the working directory named "small".
P
Pascal
Sep 3, 2006
"Sir F. A. Rien" schreef in bericht
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:22:32 GMT, "Pascal" found these unused words floating about:

Hello,

Pascal.
Put them into a clean directory (if there are other images in the current one), then record an action on one, then batch. I usually save the altered images to a sub of the working directory named "small".

Thanks,
So there is a command "batch". I will look it up.

Pascal.
P
Pascal
Sep 3, 2006

Hello,

Pascal.

Ok, I tested it out, it works! fine.
Now this: I want to perform 2 actions: resise, and compress. The only thing is, that if I record those 2 actions, I always get 2 files, because I can only compress a picture, by saving it as a copy. Not a big problem, because I can easily delete those copy’s I don’t want, but is there another way to avoid that extra action you thing?

I found this site: http://www.bewired.nl/photoshop.php?titel=batch%20actions I’t dutch (I’m dutch), but very well explained, with a movie.

Pascal.
H
HTech
Sep 3, 2006
"Pascal" schreef in bericht
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:22:32 GMT, "Pascal" found these
unused words floating about:

Hello,

Pascal.
Put them into a clean directory (if there are other images in the current one), then record an action on one, then batch. I usually save the altered
images to a sub of the working directory named "small".

Now this: I want to perform 2 actions: resise, and compress. The only thing is, that if I record those 2 actions, I always get 2 files, because I can only compress a picture, by saving it as a copy. Not a big problem, because I can easily delete those copy’s I don’t want, but is there another way to avoid that extra action you thing?
I found this site:
http://www.bewired.nl/photoshop.php?titel=batch%20actions I’t dutch (I’m dutch), but very well explained, with a movie.
Pascal.

Hi Pascal,

record the resize & compress into 1 action.
You can record the ‘save as’ command together with options in the action. Better, you can record the ‘save for web’ command also. There is a ‘image size’ tab in there too!

Vriendelijke groeten

H
P
Pascal
Sep 4, 2006
"HTech" schreef in bericht
"Pascal" schreef in bericht
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:22:32 GMT, "Pascal" found these
unused words floating about:

Hello,

Pascal.
Put them into a clean directory (if there are other images in the current
one), then record an action on one, then batch. I usually save the altered
images to a sub of the working directory named "small".

I found this site:
http://www.bewired.nl/photoshop.php?titel=batch%20actions I’t dutch (I’m dutch), but very well explained, with a movie.
Pascal.

Hi Pascal,

record the resize & compress into 1 action.
You can record the ‘save as’ command together with options in the action. Better, you can record the ‘save for web’ command also. There is a ‘image size’ tab in there too!

Vriendelijke groeten

H

Bedankt voor de info!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections