Randy
Aug 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

Sorry if this is a little off-topic.

My passion is creating games textures with Photoshop. My current digital camera is a first-gen that fish-eyes my textures to some extent. I want to spend $500.

Anyone have any recommendations or things I should stay away from ?

Randy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jaSPAMc
Aug 28, 2006
On 28 Aug 2006 07:14:33 -0700, "Randy" found these unused words floating about:

Hi

My passion is creating games textures with Photoshop. My current digital camera is a first-gen that fish-eyes my textures to some extent. I want to spend $500.

Randy

To avoid ‘fisheye’ simply choose a good camera with a lens that will allow a 35mm equivalent of 70mm.
A
Aaron
Aug 28, 2006
Randy wrote:
Hi

Randy

What you’re talking about is called "geometric distortion." In your research, look for a camera and lens combination that meets your other technical specifications and boasts the least amount of geometric distortion.

Typically, geometric distortion decreases as the distance from the lens increases, but it depends on a lot of factors. Few camera/lens combinations for $500 will offer NO geometric distortion (it is practically impossible; lenses bend light.)

Aaron

"Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." — John Stuart Mill
K
Kingdom
Aug 29, 2006
"Randy" wrote in news:1156774473.140277.124840 @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Hi

Randy

Camera best deal for the money is the Fuji S5600 Shop around for deals like inc. 1gb xd card

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05072802fuji_s5200zs5600z. asp

As for lense distorsions CS2 has built in corrections see:-

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/correctinglensdistortion.htm

if your using a pre cs2 version check this out:-

http://www.altostorm.com/

———————————————————— ———— Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.
———————————————————— ————

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections