K
Posted By
kelly
Aug 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I run into this problem often and never really knew how to deal with it so I would like to ask the question.
If I have a large image and I need to crop it to a fixed size, but some of the image will be omitted if I did so, how can I do this?? How can I get the whole image from border to border on a crop? I need to somehow shrink the image first!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
j
Aug 23, 2006
"kelly" wrote in message
I run into this problem often and never really knew how to deal with it so I would like to ask the question.
If I have a large image and I need to crop it to a fixed size, but some of the image will be omitted if I did so, how can I do this?? How can I get the whole image from border to border on a crop? I need to somehow shrink the image first!

I gather you cannot see the whole picture?
On WindoZe hit the maximize icon.
Then Go to View – Fit on Screen (or press control o)

You can see the whole thing, crop as you please.

OR if I misunderstand – if you know the pixels measure of the long size, try File – Automate – Fit Image.

(Hope I guessed the problem right)
V
Voivod
Aug 23, 2006
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:58:16 GMT, "kelly" scribbled:

Cropping by it’s very nature removes part of the image. That’s what cropping is.
K
Kingdom
Aug 23, 2006
"kelly" wrote in news:cvPGg.8711$:

It’s a compromise as something has to be lost if its a crop otherwise it would just be a resize and nothing would be lost. So you have to decide whats important in the image, once you have decided that you have 3 choices.
You can resize the image to the width dimention required and crop usualy lossing some of the hight at the bottom or top or you can resize to the hight and lose some from the left or right when you finaly make the crop.

The third and Last is not a crop at all but to create a new blank image of the dimentions you would require the crop to be then copy over your image and move it around to get the area you need in view.

———————————————————— ———— Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.
———————————————————— ————
R
Rob
Aug 24, 2006
kelly wrote:

Use the options in the crop tool bar

Your dimensions (height x width) at DPI (pixels)

then cropping will keep to your required proportions, with minimal loss of image.
B
B
Aug 24, 2006
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 01:50:03 GMT, Rob wrote:

kelly wrote:

then cropping will keep to your required proportions, with minimal loss of image.

Can I ask – Why crop?

Would it not be better to go image > image size and resize the thing. Then all the picture is saved.

Keith J Chesworth
www.boilerbill.com – CV – now needing a job!!
www.unseenlondon.co.uk
www.blackpooltram.co.uk
www.amerseyferry.co.uk
R
Rob
Aug 24, 2006
BoilerBill wrote:

kelly wrote:

Can I ask – Why crop?

I don’t know but the OP wants to crop to size, and I think to keep proportional to the original image. (I may be wrong again of course!)

My interpretation is something like, they have a rectangular image and they want to make it square, hence cropping off the ends. or V’s V’s

Suppose some can hypothesize!!!!!

Would it not be better to go image > image size and resize the thing. Then all the picture is saved.

Keith J Chesworth
www.boilerbill.com – CV – now needing a job!!
www.unseenlondon.co.uk
www.blackpooltram.co.uk
www.amerseyferry.co.uk
K
keepout
Aug 24, 2006
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:10:21 +0100, BoilerBill wrote:

kelly wrote:

Canvas size either height or width relative or fixed, Flood the resulting border like as with a solid color frame. Then crop the border leaving the interior image untouched.

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
D
Dave
Sep 18, 2006
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:06:28 GMT, Martin ©¿©¬
wrote:

What is CS2 please?

a game, but not for kids

Dave

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections