Posted By
brob11
Aug 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I’ve obviously pressed a wrong button and now I’ve lost the ‘Layers’ palette that is usually in the bottom right corner of the screen. Can anybody tell me how to get it back?

Cheers.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ragnar
Aug 14, 2006
"brob11" wrote in message
Hi,
I’ve obviously pressed a wrong button and now I’ve lost the ‘Layers’ palette that is usually in the bottom right corner of the screen. Can anybody tell me how to get it back?

F7
RG
Roy G
Aug 14, 2006
"brob11" wrote in message
Hi,

Cheers.

Hi

In Ps, go to Windows and click on Layers.
A
Aaron
Aug 15, 2006
brob11 wrote:
Hi,

Cheers.

Another option might be *the help file*.

Good lord, you guys are so tolerant in this group… If one can figure out how to use Google groups or Usenet, don’t you think *maybe* they could figure out how to go to Help -> Photoshop Help…?

A good topic to look under might be "Using the Layers Palette." The first heading there is "Displaying the Layers Palette."

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he can eat for the rest of his life.

Aaron

"Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." — John Stuart Mill
MR
Mike Russell
Aug 15, 2006
"Aaron" wrote in message
brob11 wrote:
Hi,

Cheers.

Good lord, you guys are so tolerant in this group… If one can figure out how to use Google groups or Usenet, don’t you think *maybe* they could figure out how to go to Help -> Photoshop Help…?

No. Someone may know that there used to be a Layers palette, and have no idea how to get it back again. They may not know that there is a help command built in to Photoshop, that it can look up key words, or what key words to look up to find the answer.

As for tolerance, asking a question like this is completely appropriate. There will be more new people asking similar questions, so get ready. The tone of the group – which IMHO is pretty good at the moment – depends on how regulars, like you and me, respond to questions from new people.

A good topic to look under might be "Using the Layers Palette." The first heading there is "Displaying the Layers Palette."

There you go – this is a good answer.

Give him the fish, *then* teach him.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
FA
Frank Arthur
Aug 15, 2006
"Aaron" wrote in message
brob11 wrote:
Hi,

Cheers.

Boy do I hate fish! I’m a carnivore. Do I have to become a cattle ranch owner before I enjoy steak anymore?

Aaron

"Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." — John Stuart Mill
A
Aaron
Aug 15, 2006
Mike Russell wrote:
"Aaron" wrote in message
brob11 wrote:
Hi,

Cheers.

Good lord, you guys are so tolerant in this group… If one can figure out how to use Google groups or Usenet, don’t you think *maybe* they
could
figure out how to go to Help -> Photoshop Help…?

No. Someone may know that there used to be a Layers palette, and
have no
idea how to get it back again. They may not know that there is a help command built in to Photoshop, that it can look up key words, or what
key
words to look up to find the answer.

Then perhaps an introductory course on using basic software might be in order before taking on what is arguably one of the most complex and professionally-oriented software packages on the consumer market.

As for tolerance, asking a question like this is completely appropriate. There will be more new people asking similar questions, so get ready.
The
tone of the group – which IMHO is pretty good at the moment –
depends on
how regulars, like you and me, respond to questions from new people.

This question is perhaps a bad example of the concept because it represents basic program usage rather than technique, but when asked a question such as "How can I create a rainbow?" or "Is there a simple way to make a shaded sphere?" (these are actual questions asked by my mother who now teaches Photoshop to her 7th and 8th grade art students), I am quick to say "there is always more than one way to do it," and point them in the direction of some appropriate reading materials that I probably used to discover these techniques for myself.

Helping people to help themselves is the best thing any teacher can ever do, for when a student becomes able to teach herself, the teacher has succeeded. The key, in my mind, is knowing where to draw the line between "demonstration" and "doing it for them."

That’s just my opinion.

Perhaps after being pointed to an appropriate resource, such as the Photoshop help file, a student will discover a wealth of information they hadn’t even thought to ask about. I know that’s usually the case with me.

Aaron

K
KatWoman
Aug 15, 2006
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
"Aaron" wrote in message
brob11 wrote:
Hi,

Cheers.

Good lord, you guys are so tolerant in this group… If one can figure out how to use Google groups or Usenet, don’t you think *maybe* they could
figure out how to go to Help -> Photoshop Help…?

No. Someone may know that there used to be a Layers palette, and have no idea how to get it back again. They may not know that there is a help command built in to Photoshop, that it can look up key words, or what key words to look up to find the answer.

As for tolerance, asking a question like this is completely appropriate. There will be more new people asking similar questions, so get ready. The tone of the group – which IMHO is pretty good at the moment – depends on how regulars, like you and me, respond to questions from new people.

Mike Russell

HEHE sometimes it’s faster to type F7 than the lecture
but you are correct sir
next time we beat him up
MR
Mike Russell
Aug 16, 2006
"KatWoman" wrote in message
….

Mike Russell

HEHE sometimes it’s faster to type F7 than the lecture
but you are correct sir
next time we beat him up

LOL – I thought mentioning a fish might get your attention, KW.

BTW – I thought of you when I saw this web page – if the link "Catastrophe" is there it’s worth a look.
http://www.catboxing.com/

Mike Russell

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections