LS
Posted By
lindsey_sinclair
Jul 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
(windows xp, photoshop 7.0, novice user =)

Up until recently, I would use blogger templates for my website(s) and tweak them to my needs. But a few weeks ago, I got a bug up my butt to make my very own design from scratch. I heard it was possible in Photoshop, so I thought about what I wanted. I took my time while designing it. I changed my mind several HUNDRED times. Once I thought I was done, I linked slices successfully (yes!!), and previewed the design in IE. Now, I’m stuck. I have no idea what to do next to get this thing on the web.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? And I’ll stress again that I’m new to this whole Photoshop thing, so be gentle. =)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 21, 2004
You must upload all the files, in actually the same folder structure, to your webspace.

Generally done with an FTP program, like WS_FTP, Cute FTP, many others.

Most ISP’s/webhosters have onsite helpfiles to explain the process? Some also have their own web based upload utilities, although FTP is the most efficient way to go.

Mac
LS
lindsey_sinclair
Jul 22, 2004
Hi Mac, thanks for answering.

I currently use FTP and am quite familiar with it. My major problem is that the file only saves as a .PSD – is that ok to use on a website? I’m also not sure if I should slice the template into more pieces – will that enable a faster upload when someone comes to the site??

Basically, I’ve gotten as far as linking the slices. I’m not certain what to do after that – like how to save it if it’s supposed to be anything other than a .PSD.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 22, 2004
You’ll need jpeg, not psd.
In Photoshop, use Save For Web, HTML and Images, all slices. Will generate folder of images and an .html file that calls for them.

Mac
MA
Mark_Allen
Jul 22, 2004
Big Area,

Have you thought about/tried Adobe GoLive? It’ll link all your pages together, however, there are lots of other ways to sort it including notepad programming and the like.

Regards

Mark
LS
lindsey_sinclair
Jul 22, 2004
Thanks, guys. I got it to upload and it’s looking good so far. Now my only problem is adding my blogger script to it, but I think that’s a different forum!!

As for Adobe GoLive, I’ve been looking into it tonight and it’s a definite possibility.

Thanks Guys!!

Lindsey

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections