How can I do better animated flame and/or lightning?

L
Posted By
Lionhardht
Aug 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Premiere 5.0 and Photoshop 6.0. I have taken short video clips (approx 5 seconds) converted them to filmstrips with premirer. Then, I take the filmstrips and open them in Photoshop; edit the panels and save; then convert filmstrip back into video.

After all of that, I use photoshop to generate flame(Panopticum) or lightning(almathera). The problem with the fire is that it is too fast. I’ve tried putting the same flame pattern on two or three frames- it just looks far too choppy. The problem with the lightning is that it’s not directional or definable by area-I-m looking for something similar to the Highlander effect.

Can anyone help ?
Lion

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TC
tony cooper
Aug 5, 2006
On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 22:00:03 GMT, "Lionhardht" wrote:

I am using Premiere 5.0 and Photoshop 6.0. I have taken short video clips (approx 5 seconds) converted them to filmstrips with premirer. Then, I take the filmstrips and open them in Photoshop; edit the panels and save; then convert filmstrip back into video.

This brings up something I’d like to do and have no idea where to start. I’d like to make an animation from several photographs (of the item changing positions similar to cels in cartoons) and then transform that into a video running about three minutes.

I have Photoshop 7/Image Ready and Pinnacle 10, but prefer to edit in Windows Movie Maker. I know people generally deprecate WMM, but it works fine for me in making home videos…and I’ve done dozens of them.

I know I can import individual frames into WMM or P10, but I’m not sure if I can import series of clips made in Image Ready. It would certainly be easier.

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections