GA
Posted By
Gabriel_Ayala
Jul 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Where can I remove the file association for EPS files in Photoshop 5.5?

I have tried right clicking on an EPS file and using the "Open with" option, picked CorelDraw.exe and Photoshop still takes over and opens the EPS file.

I am getting very frustrated with Photoshop because it won’t stop opening EPS files. Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
BobLevine
Jul 21, 2004
It’s a Windows issue, not a Photoshop issue. Did you check the "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" check box?

Bob
GA
Gabriel_Ayala
Jul 21, 2004
Yes and the file is "CorelDRW.exe".
B
BobLevine
Jul 21, 2004
Then there’s something up with your system. It’s not a Photoshop issue though. That much you can be sure of.

Bob
GA
Gabriel_Ayala
Jul 21, 2004
It’s a Windows issue, not a Photoshop issue.

I think you’re right. Here is what is happening on my end.

I right click on an EPS file>Open with>Choose program>Browse>highlight CorelDRW.exe>open. This takes me back to the Open with window but Corel Draw does not appear on the list!

I had this working at some point and now I can’t get it back the way I had it. Is there not some way to remove the file association from photoshop or a way to add the association in CorelDraw itself to make it the default application?
GA
Gabriel_Ayala
Jul 21, 2004
Then there’s something up with your system.

Hmm… perhaps a re-boot will resolve this.

Thanks Bob.
GA
Gabriel_Ayala
Jul 21, 2004
Re-boot didn’t work. I guess I am stuck with opening files from Corel. :/
RM
Rick Moore
Jul 21, 2004
Go into Folder options and change it from there – if you have a button under the details called "Advanced" use that, if it says "Restore", click that to change back to "Advanced" and then go

Rick Moore
Barnes Gromatzky Kosarek Architects
www.bgkarchitects.com
DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
Jul 22, 2004
Doesn’t the Open With option have a Browse button? You can find the executable for whatever you want to use, and keep the "always…." box checked. That works when I use it!
TJ
Ted Johnson
Aug 1, 2004
Go into windows explorer in Accessories. Click on tools, click on folder options, click on file types. You can change file associations there. If the application you want to designate does not appear on the list, just click browse and go find it.

Regards,
<TED>

wrote in message
Re-boot didn’t work. I guess I am stuck with opening files from Corel. :/

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections