GB
Posted By
gary_beeler
Jul 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Adobe says pentium is needed to run CS, but the salesperson told me AMD Athlon 3200+ with 2.2ghz, is equal to pentium. I have 512 ram and 160 gb. Before I lay out $700 for CS, can anyone tell me if they run it with AMD?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jul 21, 2004
yes.
GB
gary_beeler
Jul 21, 2004
Thanks, Pierre.
BB
brent_bertram
Jul 21, 2004
You may find that 512 mb of RAM is a little restrictive . I’m running with a 2800+ Athlon and 1.5 mb RAM . Smoother Ride <G> .

🙂

Brent
DN
DS_Nelson
Jul 21, 2004
I have an Athlon XP 2800+ with 1 Gb DDR ram, and CS works fine.
BB
brent_bertram
Jul 21, 2004
Before I’d shell out $700, I’d think about whether or not I could use a new piece of hardware, too. Some of these upgrade offers beat the $700 retail price of CS.
< http://store.adobe.com/store/products/special.jhtml?id=catWa com_0205&sourcecode=74113> < http://store.adobe.com/store/products/special.jhtml?id=catCa non&sourcecode=112300>

🙂

Brent ( A penny saved … )
GB
gary_beeler
Jul 21, 2004
Thanks Brent. I had that offer from epson last month but didn’t take it because my system was too old. Now the offer expired, but I will see if I can get it anyway. Good Suggestion.
AC
Aaron_Cramer
Jul 21, 2004
I use a pentium 4 2.8 GHZ at work and an AMD Athlon XP 2700+ at home (2.1 GHZ) and i see virtually no difference.
GA
Gabriel_Ayala
Jul 21, 2004
I use a pentium 4 2.8 GHZ at work and an AMD Athlon XP 2700+ at home (2.1 GHZ) and i see virtually no difference.

Pentiums are over priced and over rated that’s why. Your AMD is probably faster than that Pentium.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 21, 2004
Pentiums are over priced and over rated that’s why.

but they work! especially with genuine intel motherboards! :Þ

🙂
WO
Walwin_Oglivie
Jul 21, 2004
know for a fact the amd 3200+ works with CS i didnt have the problems i had till i blew the video card on my amd laptop now i wish i had it instead of this HP P4 7000series piece of crap i bought to replace it
GA
Gabriel_Ayala
Jul 21, 2004
but they work! especially with genuine intel motherboards! :Þ

AMD’s work better! Especially with genuine AMD motherboards! :Þ
B
BobLevine
Jul 21, 2004
I believe the original question has been answered and this thread is turning into nothing but a spitting contest. R/O.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections