AS
Posted By
adrian_scott
Jul 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an Olympus P400 dye sub printer. I have two paper formats which I am trying to setup for picture package in CS. The two paper formats I am trying to setup are:

Olympus Postcard Paper A4 – (2) 4×5.8" micro cut sheets Olympus Snapshot Paper A4 – (4) 3.5×4.7" micro cut sheets

I measured the micro cuts on the paper and created the following picture package layout files:

;OLYMPUS POST CARD PAPER
C 21 29.7
OLYMPUS POSTCARD (2) 4X5.8
3.1 3.6 14.8 10
3.1 16.1 14.8 10

;Olympus Snap Shot
;WIDE HEADER / NARROW FOOTER
C 21 29.7
Olympus Snapshot (4) 3.5×4.7
1.3 3 8.9 11.9
10.9 3 8.9 11.9
1.3 16 8.9 11.9
10.9 16 8.9 11.9

I run automate->picture package no problem. When I print I get a message that the images are too large for the printable area snd if I want it to crop. By selecting continue it prints. The indexing and size of pictures are off when printed. I have tried measuring the difference and re adjusting but no luck. I am quickly wasting expensive paper.

Has anyone set up these paper formats before? Do you have a layout file which works? If the photo shop message about image size and printable area is the problem, how do I fix it.

Any help is appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 21, 2004
read the manual. my p330n (smaller oly dye sub) gives me exact pixel dimentions for all types of paper it prints on.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections