J
Posted By
Jade
Jul 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
It seems photoshop 7 is causing me alot of heartache for open folder with 100+ pics. Takes forever for it to associate the icon with each file, even though I have associated jpeg with windows picture and fax viewer.

Here is a solution I have found
"PROBLEM SOLVED:

Take any (Photoshop-associated) JPG icon in explorer, right-click on it, select "Properties" from the context menu, then select the middle tab named "Photoshop Image", uncheck "Generate Thumbnails" there – that’s it.

cheers from Vienna, Austria
hpb "

However this solution is for one picture. I have thousands of pictures,

how can I unclick this property for all of them at one time. Furthermore…How do I prevent this from happening when I add more pictures from my digital camera?

Can this be permanently disabled?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TB
Tony Blair
Jul 26, 2006
"Jade" wrote in message
It seems photoshop 7 is causing me alot of heartache for open folder with 100+ pics. Takes forever for it to associate the icon with each file, even though I have associated jpeg with windows picture and fax viewer.

"PROBLEM SOLVED:

Take any (Photoshop-associated) JPG icon in explorer, right-click on it, select "Properties" from the context menu, then select the middle tab named "Photoshop Image", uncheck "Generate Thumbnails" there – that’s it.

hpb "

how can I unclick this property for all of them at one time. Furthermore…How do I prevent this from happening when I add more pictures from my digital camera?

Jade – you don’t say what operating system you have!!
I have Windows XP and on that when I right click on an image file in a folder and select properties, I only have two tabs!! ‘General and Summary’ I select General and almost at the top is a box for associating the file type! Once Windows Picture and fax viewer is associated with a file type, all similar file types should be associated in the same way?? Or are you referring to viewing thumbnails, which is a different matter!!
J
Jade
Jul 26, 2006
My apologies, I use windows xp

Harry Limey wrote:
"Jade" wrote in message

"PROBLEM SOLVED:

hpb "

Jade – you don’t say what operating system you have!!
I have Windows XP and on that when I right click on an image file in a folder and select properties, I only have two tabs!! ‘General and Summary’ I select General and almost at the top is a box for associating the file type! Once Windows Picture and fax viewer is associated with a file type, all similar file types should be associated in the same way?? Or are you referring to viewing thumbnails, which is a different matter!!
TB
Tony Blair
Jul 26, 2006
Jade I still don’t understand fully what you are doing, parts of your message seem at odds!!
"Takes forever for it to associate the icon with each file, even though I have associated jpeg with windows picture and fax viewer."

You then say

" Take any (Photoshop-associated) JPG icon in explorer,"

If you have associated jpegs with the windows picture and fax viewer there should be NO (Photoshop-associated) JPG in explorer??

And I still can’t find this centre tab you refer to in properties! Can you confirm you have associated jpgs correctly with windows picture and fax viewer as I mentioned in my previous post?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections