C
Posted By
Charles
Jul 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just set up my monitor using adobe gamma program. One thing that worries me is that the monitor contrast has to be set to maximum for the set up!
Is this ok? Worried incase it damages the crt running on full setting! Thanks..Charles

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

S
Stephan
Jul 14, 2003
"Charles" wrote in message
I have just set up my monitor using adobe gamma program. One thing that worries me is that the monitor contrast has to be set to maximum for the set up!
Is this ok? Worried incase it damages the crt running on full setting! Thanks..Charles
It is OK

Stephan
TA
Timo Autiokari
Jul 14, 2003
"Charles" wrote:

I have just set up my monitor using adobe gamma program. One thing that worries me is that the monitor contrast
has to be set to maximum for the set up! Is this ok?

Yes, it is The Right Thing for the setting up and for the use, the contrast of monitors is very small in general so it is best to keep it at max (unless you are working at pre-press).

Worried incase it damages the crt running on full setting!

Well, technically it does shorten the life time of the CRT tube a little but in reality it does not matter at all, it will still last long enough so that you will most probably have replaced the monitor anyway.

Timo Autiokari
www.aim-dtp.net (site moving, still down for a couple of days)
C
Charles
Jul 16, 2003
Thanks for the answers!
Much appreciated!
Charles

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections