Posted By
edjh
Jul 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Marion Sherman Howard wrote:
I’m working on a simple website that will feature an image over a body background image. I’m having a little trouble creating sharp text that doesn’t have telltale ghosting (unwanted white edges) when it’s set against the blue in that part of the background image. I tried setting the background color in Photoshop 7 to a similar blue as that part of the background image, but the anti-aliasing still seems to make some ghosting. (If I’m using that term correctly.)
What should I do to produce crisp letters (anti-aliased) against a true blue background?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Marion
Are you using a transparen gif? Try setting the matte color to the dark blue (in Save for Web dialog or ImageReady). That help?

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MS
Marion Sherman Howard
Jul 14, 2003
Thank you! That works just fine. I’ll have to slice up the image to use different matte settings depending on what color the background will be behind it, but at least I can get rid of the nasty ghosting.

Thanks a million! One lesson learned….3.8 million left to go…

Marion Howard

"edjh" wrote in message
Marion Sherman Howard wrote:
I’m working on a simple website that will feature an image over a
body
background image. I’m having a little trouble creating sharp text that doesn’t have telltale ghosting (unwanted white edges) when
it’s
set against the blue in that part of the background image. I
tried
setting the background color in Photoshop 7 to a similar blue as
that
part of the background image, but the anti-aliasing still seems to make some ghosting. (If I’m using that term correctly.)
What should I do to produce crisp letters (anti-aliased) against a true blue background?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Marion
Are you using a transparen gif? Try setting the matte color to the
dark
blue (in Save for Web dialog or ImageReady). That help?

MS
Marion Sherman Howard
Jul 15, 2003
Yeah, that’s a good point. But in this case I think (I hope) it will be okay because the two slices don’t have to be exactly lined up together. The top slice is just some text graphics with a transparent background, so it doesn’t *have* to be exactly edge to edge with the next slice. Thanks for the warning, though.

What I’ve been trying to do is set up a web page that has a background that goes all the way to the edge of any browser screen. (So I set it up to repeat along the x-axis.) That works great, but now I have to get the graphics to sit on top of it. I originally tried to just use a single graphic that included the background, but as soon as I tried to set it to fill the screen it either pulled it out of proportion (ugh) or started to repeat the text at the right edge of the screen. (Double ugh.)

If anyone has a better idea for accomplishing that….let me know.

Marion Howard

The problem I see there is that it’s nigh on to impossible to line
up
slices against a background web image. Not every browser is going to show the tables in the same place in relation to the background.
You might get away with it if the colors are not too varid.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections