Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have 1 GB memory – photoshop cs2 – render – lighting effects and it crashes
every time – any ideas?
Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Pete
Jun 30, 2006
What kind of processor do you have and what kind of power supply unit, delivering how many watts?

"desi6n" wrote in message
I have 1 GB memory – photoshop cs2 – render – lighting effects and it crashes
every time – any ideas?
Thanks

F
Friend
Jun 30, 2006
From an earlier reply.
May work for you too.

"Techs at Adobe were able to determine that the problem occured because of the chip with Hyper threading technology. There were 2 files that work with the MNX processor that apparantly didn’t work with this type of processor.

The files are called Fastcore.8bx and MMXcore.8bx located in Photoshop\plugins\extensions directory. Just change the file ext. to .old or anything instead of 8bx so the files are not loaded next time PS loads."

Hardware ?????

Whenever I hear "instant reboot" I immediately think memory chips. I’m far from a PS expert, but that’s been my experience with PCs over a couple of decades.

Most serious errors cause a program disruption and lock a PC or otherwise leave the PS running. Really dangerous memory writes can cause a reboot rather than let the system suffer file damage due to the errant memory write.

If you want to check the memory possibility, try removing 1/2 of the memory and see if it still happens. If it does, swap in the other half and try it again. It will run slow, but may provide a clue. Try various combinations of the chips.
D
desi6n
Jun 30, 2006
Fantastic – it worked great – thanks!

"Don" wrote in message
From an earlier reply.
May work for you too.

"Techs at Adobe were able to determine that the problem occured because of the
chip with Hyper threading technology. There were 2 files that work with the MNX
processor that apparantly didn’t work with this type of processor.
The files are called Fastcore.8bx and MMXcore.8bx located in Photoshop\plugins\extensions directory. Just change the file ext. to .old or
anything instead of 8bx so the files are not loaded next time PS loads."

Hardware ?????

Whenever I hear "instant reboot" I immediately think memory chips. I’m far from a PS expert, but that’s been my experience with PCs over a couple
of decades.

Most serious errors cause a program disruption and lock a PC or otherwise leave
the PS running. Really dangerous memory writes can cause a reboot rather than
let the system suffer file damage due to the errant memory write.
If you want to check the memory possibility, try removing 1/2 of the memory and
see if it still happens. If it does, swap in the other half and try it again. It
will run slow, but may provide a clue. Try various combinations of the chips.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections