DS
Posted By
David_Skidmore
Jul 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open a RAW image in PS CS a window opens up with the image. This window says Nikon D100: DSC…….. at the top. It has four tabs on the right Adjust, Detail, Lens and Calibrate with a three color histogram at the top right. Is this a window a part of CS or is it some other program opening up. When I click ok it then opens up as a RAW in CS.

Second question…regardless of what window that is, is there any reason to manipulate it in that window or can I click ok and bring it straight into CS and manipulate it there. It seems that, except for the lens adjustments, everything else can be done in CS.

Thanks dc

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TM
Thomas_Madsen
Jul 16, 2004
Is this a window a part of CS or is it some other program opening up. When I click ok it then opens up as a RAW in CS.

It’s the Camera Raw Plugin. See:
< http://studio.adobe.com/us/tips/tip.jsp?p=1&id=650&x ml=phs8ppraw>

Regards
Madsen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections