Posted By
scott_huutsch-usenet2006a
May 31, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I was wondering, if there is a better way to put newspaper-scans in bitmap-mode than just selecting greyscale-mode and bitmap-mode afterwards. The background of the newspapers is slightly grey, and I would like to habe a picture that has just the text (in black) and the background completely white.
I think I read something about others ways to accomplísh that some time ago. Did it include some tricks with layers or other functions in the picture-menu?

Thank you for every hint!!
Nico

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

W
Wheeler
Jun 1, 2006
"Nicolas Cabrera Alarc
T
Tacit
Jun 1, 2006
In article ,
Nicolas Cabrera Alarc
SH
Jun 2, 2006
Use the Curves or Levels command

Where exactly are these?

Thanks!
Nico
N
nomail
Jun 2, 2006
Nicolas Cabrera Alarcón wrote:

Use the Curves or Levels command

Where exactly are these?

WHERE they are is the least of your problems. You’ll have to use them after you found them. How about reading the manual?

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl
SH
Jun 2, 2006
you could use Threshold
that will make everything lighter than a certain shade white and everything darker black
go to Image–>Adjustments–>Threshold
or add adjustment layer and choose Threshold

Just tried it. That’s perfect! Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections