Tacit
May 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In article ,
"John" wrote:

Whenever I open an image in ps, it shows different colours then are visible otherwise on screen. I have attached an example, the top dialog is how it appears in ps. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Photoshop does "color management." That means it changes the colors you see on your screen to compensate for your exact brand and model of monitor, your color working space, and your color profiles.

If you do not wish Photoshop to do this, turn off color management in the Color Settings dialog. For more information, read the chapter on Color Management in your manual.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
John
May 23, 2006
Hi

Whenever I open an image in ps, it shows in darker colours then are visible otherwise on screen. I have attached an example, the top dialog is how it appears in ps. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Regards
J
John
May 23, 2006
Hi

Whenever I open an image in ps, it shows in darker colours then are visible otherwise on screen. I have attached an example, the top dialog is how it appears in ps. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Regards
J
John
May 23, 2006
Hi

Thanks

Regards
RB
Rudy Benner
May 23, 2006
"John" wrote in message
Hi

Thanks

Regards
Where is the attachment?
RB
Rudy Benner
May 23, 2006
"John" wrote in message
Hi

Thanks

Regards
Where is the attachment?
RB
Rudy Benner
May 23, 2006
"John" wrote in message
Hi

Thanks

Regards
Where is the attachment?
BH
Bill Hilton
May 23, 2006
John writes …

Whenever I open an image in ps, it shows in darker colours then are visible otherwise on screen … What is the problem

Typically this is caused by a bad or non-existent monitor profile. Photoshop shows the image translated thru the ICC monitor profile while most applications do not. You can check this by turning off the monitor profile and verifying the colors now look like they do in other applications … View – Proof Setup – Monitor RGB turns off the profile and you can toggle it on/off with cntrl-y to see the differences (this is for a PC running CS).

… and how can I fix it?

The right way is to generate an accurate monitor profile (if this is the problem, which it typically is). The lazy way is to disable color management in Photoshop.

Bill
BH
Bill Hilton
May 23, 2006
John writes …

Whenever I open an image in ps, it shows in darker colours then are visible otherwise on screen … What is the problem

Typically this is caused by a bad or non-existent monitor profile. Photoshop shows the image translated thru the ICC monitor profile while most applications do not. You can check this by turning off the monitor profile and verifying the colors now look like they do in other applications … View – Proof Setup – Monitor RGB turns off the profile and you can toggle it on/off with cntrl-y to see the differences (this is for a PC running CS).

… and how can I fix it?

The right way is to generate an accurate monitor profile (if this is the problem, which it typically is). The lazy way is to disable color management in Photoshop.

Bill
BH
Bill Hilton
May 23, 2006
John writes …

… and how can I fix it?

Bill
PK
Piotr Klimkiewicz
May 24, 2006
monitor settings -> RGB -> 9300K

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections