F
Posted By
frankg
May 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
how do i set it up so that on opening, files will fill the entire work area/screen?

currently they open in a smaller (12.5%) window

Thank you
Frank

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
nomail
May 21, 2006
franko wrote:

how do i set it up so that on opening, files will fill the entire work area/screen?

No, they open in the largest window in a series of fixed sizes, i.e. 12.5%, 25%, 33% 50%, 66% 100%. It depends on the image which size that is.

You can make an image open in ‘fit to screen’ size, but it needs a little work and understanding of actions. First, make an action that sets the size to ‘fit to screen’. You cannot do this by recording an action, you have to do it by choosing ‘Insert Menu Item’ in an empty action that you created first.

Next, go to ‘File – Scripts – Script Event Manager’ and make a new ‘Open Document’ event, that runs the ‘Fit to screen’ action you just created.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl
F
frankg
May 22, 2006

No, they open in the largest window in a series of fixed sizes, i.e. 12.5%, 25%, 33% 50%, 66% 100%. It depends on the image which size that is.

You can make an image open in ‘fit to screen’ size, but it needs a little work and understanding of actions. First, make an action that sets the size to ‘fit to screen’. You cannot do this by recording an action, you have to do it by choosing ‘Insert Menu Item’ in an empty action that you created first.

Next, go to ‘File – Scripts – Script Event Manager’ and make a new ‘Open Document’ event, that runs the ‘Fit to screen’ action you just created.

I created the action (one step – insert menu item – view>fit to screen) and then the script event, and what happens is that it first still opens the image in a smaller window (e.g. 12.5%) and then it re-opens it in the ‘fit to screen’ size.
N
nomail
May 22, 2006
franko wrote:

I created the action (one step – insert menu item – view>fit to screen) and then the script event, and what happens is that it first still opens the image in a smaller window (e.g. 12.5%) and then it re-opens it in the ‘fit to screen’ size.

Strange. Are you sure that the action doesn’t actually open the image as well? I have this running on two computers, and it works like a charm.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl
F
frankg
May 22, 2006
I created the action (one step – insert menu item – view>fit to screen) and
then the script event, and what happens is that it first still opens the image in a smaller window (e.g. 12.5%) and then it re-opens it in the ‘fit
to screen’ size.

Strange. Are you sure that the action doesn’t actually open the image as well? I have this running on two computers, and it works like a charm.
No. An image is already open when i create the action with only the one step to insert menu item.
Not sure why it’s doing the ‘double open’
F
frankg
May 22, 2006
John
does ps first open it small (as 12%) and then re-zoom it to ‘fit screen’ as per the action – maybe this is what I’m seeing as a ‘double’ opening. Or does it open it to ‘fit screen’ right from the beginning. only one image is left open in the end
I created the action (one step – insert menu item – view>fit to screen) and
then the script event, and what happens is that it first still opens the image in a smaller window (e.g. 12.5%) and then it re-opens it in the ‘fit
to screen’ size.

N
nomail
May 22, 2006
franko wrote:

John
does ps first open it small (as 12%) and then re-zoom it to ‘fit screen’ as per the action – maybe this is what I’m seeing as a ‘double’ opening. Or does it open it to ‘fit screen’ right from the beginning. only one image is left open in the end

Aha. What you see is the normal behavior. First, Photoshop opens the image, and as usual it does this at 12.5% (or another percentage if you open a bigger or smaller image). Then the action runs, so the image window is resized to ‘Fit to screen’. If you open multiple images, you will see that they first all open at 12.5%, and then the action runs through them one by one.

F
frankg
May 22, 2006
"Johan W. Elzenga" wrote in message
franko wrote:

John
does ps first open it small (as 12%) and then re-zoom it to ‘fit screen’ as
per the action – maybe this is what I’m seeing as a ‘double’ opening. Or does it open it to ‘fit screen’ right from the beginning. only one image is left open in the end

Aha. What you see is the normal behavior. First, Photoshop opens the image, and as usual it does this at 12.5% (or another percentage if you open a bigger or smaller image). Then the action runs, so the image window is resized to ‘Fit to screen’. If you open multiple images, you will see that they first all open at 12.5%, and then the action runs through them one by one.
OK thanks. I have it now.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections