rovias
Apr 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been trying to get better efficiency out of my cs2-

From support Document 320005 I tried "bigger tiles"

But it brings my efficiency down to around 13% w/ the large 48mg file I’m working on now —-

I have 60% of my usable RAM dedicated to cs2, which makes for a bit over 1gb (1057mg)

It just seems like w/ 3gb of ram and a Atheon 64fx (xp pro) I should be getting better efficiency.

I’ve already given up on adobe bridge — as much as I liked the features, 3gb is obviously not enough ram (!?!) for it to work smoothly.

But it sure is frustrating to have such shitty performance from my dedicated graphics machine.

I’m back to the ~ in the file name and up above 80% efficiency again, but some times the redraw time kills me!

hollis

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
rovias
Apr 28, 2006
re-reading I guess it seems like I don’t really have a question.

but I actually do, I’m really wondering how people set up their large RAM systems so they can work on large mb files —

am I wrong in thinking that 50mb is a medium size graphic? 24×36 at 250pixels/inch and in fairly flat "comic book" style.

any hints appreciated

"rovias" wrote in message
I’ve been trying to get better efficiency out of my cs2-

From support Document 320005 I tried "bigger tiles"

But it brings my efficiency down to around 13% w/ the large 48mg file I’m working on now —-

I have 60% of my usable RAM dedicated to cs2, which makes for a bit over 1gb (1057mg)

It just seems like w/ 3gb of ram and a Atheon 64fx (xp pro) I should be getting better efficiency.

I’ve already given up on adobe bridge — as much as I liked the features, 3gb is obviously not enough ram (!?!) for it to work smoothly.

But it sure is frustrating to have such shitty performance from my dedicated graphics machine.

I’m back to the ~ in the file name and up above 80% efficiency again, but some times the redraw time kills me!

hollis

MR
Mike Russell
Apr 28, 2006
re-reading I guess it seems like I don’t really have a question.
but I actually do, I’m really wondering how people set up their large RAM systems so they can work on large mb files —

am I wrong in thinking that 50mb is a medium size graphic? 24×36 at 250pixels/inch and in fairly flat "comic book" style.
any hints appreciated

Anymore, 50 Mb is tiny. At 16 bits per channel, that’s only 8 megapixels.

I do images up to 150 megabytes on a 1+ Gbyte system. I found that using the bigger tiles extension sped large image operations noticeably.

I recall it was by a factor of 2, though it has been some time since I tested. Smaller images were about the same, so I normally operate with this extension installed. My Photoshop memory slider is set to 55%, cache level
—-
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections