J
Posted By
JM
Apr 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have two 35-year-old wedding photographs scanned in a 600ppi. One is of the married couple only (pic1). The other is of the entire wedding party, including the married couple (pic2). Pic1 is badly faded. Pic2 is in good shape. I want to use parts of pic2 in my restoration of pic1. Because of the perspectives and distance of the two photographs, extracted parts of pic2 are smaller than the corresponding parts of pic1. So far, I’ve been copying from pic2, pasting a new layer into pic1, and making size changes via Ctrl T (free transform), then holding down the Shift key and dragging the corners. I’m "eyeballing" it.

This method will work fine for my current needs, but it raised a question for me: How could one apply a uniform size change to all the new layers or selected parts? In other words, if it turned out that one layer needed a 15% size increase, how could one apply that exact amount to all parts that had been copied from another source and pasted into the current project?

thank you,

jm

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
KatWoman
Apr 16, 2006
"JM" wrote in message
I have two 35-year-old wedding photographs scanned in a 600ppi. One is of the married couple only (pic1). The other is of the entire wedding party, including the married couple (pic2). Pic1 is badly faded. Pic2 is in good
shape. I want to use parts of pic2 in my restoration of pic1. Because of the perspectives and distance of the two photographs, extracted parts of pic2 are smaller than the corresponding parts of pic1. So far, I’ve been copying from pic2, pasting a new layer into pic1, and making size changes via Ctrl T (free transform), then holding down the Shift key and dragging the corners. I’m "eyeballing" it.

This method will work fine for my current needs, but it raised a question for me: How could one apply a uniform size change to all the new layers or
selected parts? In other words, if it turned out that one layer needed a 15% size increase, how could one apply that exact amount to all parts that had been copied from another source and pasted into the current project?
thank you,

jm

make the image you are copying from the same size and resolution before you begin and no tranform will be necessary
transform> again (in the menu after you do one transform) or at top type in the percent of transform and click the link to constrain proportions
or link all layers first and they will transform at once

or the smarter way
open one image
open next image
make sure sizes are same
select all, drag-shift layer over the first document
you have 2 layers, one with each picture
put the good picture on top
make a layer mask
use black brush to "erase" portion you wish to see through
T
Tacit
Apr 16, 2006
In article <3Ft0g.92946$>,
"JM" wrote:

This method will work fine for my current needs, but it raised a question for me: How could one apply a uniform size change to all the new layers or selected parts? In other words, if it turned out that one layer needed a 15% size increase, how could one apply that exact amount to all parts that had been copied from another source and pasted into the current project?

Link the layers and use the Transform->Numeric command. Type in the amount you want to scale the layers.

Or look at the Info palette as you transform freehand. If the layers are linked, they will all transform together by exactly the same amount.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections