P
Posted By
PSSandeman
Apr 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am presently a chef right now. I love to use photoshop, and love to learn about the new things with it every day.

I have Deke’s Total Training DVD’s, which I am slowly plugging my way thorugh.

I love the food industry, but I am burnt out being a chef. What I would like to do is get into something to do with food, menu design and webpage design for restaurants.

Do any of you have any opinions on this? As a freelance career, can this be done? Is it feasable? (Or will it pay the bills? LOL)

Sandeman

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

FN
Flo Nelson
Apr 5, 2006
"PSSandeman" wrote in message
I am presently a chef right now. I love to use photoshop, and love to learn about the new things with it every day.

I have Deke’s Total Training DVD’s, which I am slowly plugging my way thorugh.

I love the food industry, but I am burnt out being a chef. What I would like to do is get into something to do with food, menu design and webpage design for restaurants.

Do any of you have any opinions on this? As a freelance career, can this be done? Is it feasable? (Or will it pay the bills? LOL)
Sandeman

Many of the web designers I know specialize in certain areas or industries. Their clients like it because they get someone who understands the business. Plus over the years, you’ll develop a lot of tools that will fit that industry well (like how to style a web menu using live text – no mean feat). I would think as a chef, you’d have a great in into that aspect of the business + the knowledge your customers would appreciate.

Word of caution, though – don’t give up your day job yet! It usually takes quite a while to get established as a freelancer – I would slowly work it in.

Other words of advice – get a web design/development program (Dreamweaver is the best), but learn basic html also – it will save you a lot of headaches.

Flo

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections