DM
Posted By
dave_milbut
Jul 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What’s up? I don’t know. PS CS insists on centering all my dialog boxes on the first screen after each use. Nothing I do can get them to save anywhere else. Always centered on the primary display. Arrgh!

Any ideas? Anybody? Anywhere?

<Young Fred>H for hurry, E for urgent, L for love me and P for p-p-p-p-please help!</Young Fred>

thanks, dave

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 14, 2004
and of course, yes, i’ve reset the prefrences!
RH
r_harvey
Jul 14, 2004
Something to do with the two-monitor video driver getting confused?
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 14, 2004
yes’m r_. If I disable the 2ndary (nec/nvidia) the dialogs stay where i leave em on the primary (lacie/ati) i.e. if i leave a dialog in the upper right, it stays there, as it’s supposed to.

as soon as I go back to dual, they reset to the middle of mon 1 (lacie/ati) and even when i open, move and ok them, they revert back to the middle of 1 again.

it seems to be an uneasy truce right now with the ati/nvida setup.

any ideas around it? anyone?

dave
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 14, 2004
got it. ati’s hydravision is the culprit. that’s their multi-monitor mgmt software. i guess i’ll try going back to nvidia’s, but I was having problems getting the official (vs the xp installed) driver working with ati’s catalyst 4.6 software. sigh.

i’ll file a problem report w/ati in the am. man! those buggers can’t leave well enough alone!

thanks for the neural jump start r_.

AAHHH! HOLD THAT POST!

ATI’S hydravision has a control in it that says ‘Enable Dialog Repositioning’ that’s ON by default and set to … guess… yup. Monitor 1!!! Unchecking this and reloading hydravision shows that now I can position my dialogs where ever I want!

damn sw that ships w/o manuals!!! 🙂

well, thanks for all the help! I couldn’t have done it without everyone involved. 🙂

<Harry Potter>Mischief Managed. Nox.</HP>
D
d._wade_thompson
Jul 14, 2004
where do i find the ‘Enable Dialog Repositioning’? I have the same problem and this would be great to fix.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 14, 2004
under the start> programs> ATI Hydravision group in your start menu. select the hydravision properties app (not the wizard). It’s on the 1st page, upper left. Just uncheck that stinkin’ box! D’oh! 🙂

I think that’s it. I’m repeating that from memory…

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one suffering from this. I feel like less of a dope. 😉
D
d._wade_thompson
Jul 14, 2004
thanks Dave, i will try this when i get home.

dope#2

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections