N
Posted By
nvslater
Jul 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to add a particular color with the same coverage control as the variation command?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 13, 2003
I don’t know what you mean by "coverage Control" of the Variations Command. What variations does is it plays with Hue/Sat, brightness/Contrast, and channel mixer (possibly others) all in one window. So certainly you can perform all those tasks manually.

One way to apply a color, of many, is to pick your color, use a paintbrush and change the blend mode – Color Blend mode works nice often times, depending on the image.

Peace,
Tony
P
Phosphor
Jul 13, 2003
Accurate selections are the key.

Once you have that knocked you’re free to experiment with different techniques all you wish.
N
nvslater
Jul 13, 2003
Tony, the variations command seems to apply color differently to different parts of the image, such as shadows treated different than highlights. Looking for a way to get a good skin color.
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 13, 2003
Well, truth be told, I can’t help much except to say that variations is little more than the other tools available in PS in one convenient window without any numbers. I used to use variations A LOT when I first started with PS, but A)it’s destructive and B)I’ve gotten pretty good at adjustment layers.

<shrug>

Peace,
Tony
N
nvslater
Jul 13, 2003
Tony, as always, you have all the answers. I have tried the paint brush/color idea, seems to work just fine so far. Peace Vern
DM
dave milbut
Jul 13, 2003
you can make a selection, then you can apply the color with an adjustment layer in color blend mode.

good one… or use a hsb adjustment layer in colorize mode.
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 14, 2003
in colorize mode

Don’t start that again Dave! <grin>
N
nvslater
Jul 14, 2003
Thank you, I will try all fo Ton’s ideas. Pease Vern
N
nvslater
Jul 14, 2003
Tony, Help, I am to dumb to folow you. I know how to Pick a color from my Skintones Chart. Then New Adjustment Layer, got that. But I can’t find color blend mode, without first choosing the type of layer I want and I dont know that. Or at least I think that is what I don’t know ( along with many other things). Sorry to be a pest.
Pease vern

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections