Posted By
frank
Mar 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
Which would give better results…using CS2 to up res the images or buying Genuine Fractals. I only want to push my images a bit…I get really crisp 11×14’s from my Canon 20D and am looking to go 16×20 and, if the ad-hype is correct 20×24.
According to Genuine Fractals you can get 400 percent
enlargements…but what
is that based on…starting from what…an inch square or ten inches square….if anyone has any examples of such up resing, pls direct me to
where I can see them or pls share your experiences with this question. Thanks
Frank
also , someone mentioned a group on google that addresses digital printing…please pass that on also.
thanks again

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
Kingdom
Mar 7, 2006
"frank" wrote in news:1141741158.762029.114100 @v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

Hi all,
Which would give better results…using CS2 to up res the images or buying Genuine Fractals. I only want to push my images a bit…I get really crisp 11×14’s from my Canon 20D and am looking to go 16×20 and, if the ad-hype is correct 20×24.
enlargements…but what
is that based on…starting from what…an inch square or ten inches square….if anyone has any examples of such up resing, pls direct me to
Frank
also , someone mentioned a group on google that addresses digital printing…please pass that on also.
thanks again

Try photo zoom, their is a free trial, its very impresive

http://www.benvista.com/main/content/content.php?
page=ourproducts&section=photozoompro_1

‘Mirror mirror on the wall who is the prettiest of them all?’ ‘Snow White you dirty bitch and don’t you forget it!’
F
frank
Mar 8, 2006
thanks…I looked at it and will give it a try..
A
Avery
Mar 8, 2006
On 7 Mar 2006 06:19:18 -0800, "frank" wrote:

Hi all,
enlargements…but what
Frank
thanks again

I have found that Photoshop is as good as anything else – just my humble opinion. For the increase you are looking for to 16 x 20 do it in 3 or 4 steps.
MT
mark.thomas.7
Mar 8, 2006
GF may work, but I find it introduces artefacts on many images. Try QImage (pyramid interpolation) instead.

Results will depend on the image, but there’s no free lunch. If the image will be viewed up close and has a lot of demanding detail, you will struggle. If it is a soft portrait, or frankly, *anything* that invites the viewer to stand back and take it all in, you will be fine with pretty much anything… (O:
K
Kingdom
Mar 8, 2006
Avery wrote in news:j3ls02d4akmstgvleb7iq2o5jrube1c6ra@ 4ax.com:

Hi all,
enlargements…but what
Frank
thanks again

I have found that Photoshop is as good as anything else – just my humble opinion. For the increase you are looking for to 16 x 20 do it in 3 or 4 steps.

I thought that till I tried using photozoom

‘Mirror mirror on the wall who is the prettiest of them all?’ ‘Snow White you dirty bitch and don’t you forget it!’
D
Dave
Mar 8, 2006

Hi all,
Which would give better results…using CS2 to up res the images

Good guess. Use CS2 – and in one single step.
That is why we have Bicubic Smoother for.

Dave
K
KatWoman
Mar 8, 2006
"Kingdom" wrote in message
Avery wrote in
news:j3ls02d4akmstgvleb7iq2o5jrube1c6ra@
4ax.com:

Hi all,
enlargements…but what
Frank
thanks again

Looked at the examples at Photozoom
for the same effect in Photoshop just use unsharp mask after you blow it way up like that.
PF
Paul Furman
Mar 9, 2006
KatWoman wrote:

Avery wrote in
4ax.com:

Hi all,
enlargements…but what
Frank
thanks again

for the same effect in Photoshop just use unsharp mask after you blow it way up like that.

I just tried the demo version & it’s definitely more than unsharp mask, probably similar to what genuine fractals does: find edges & patterns hold those sharp edges while probably creating some detail (although that’s inherently a risky proposition. My test shows some kind of strange worm shapes… maybe has a sharper look but maybe looks strange printed? I haven’t tried printing it:
< http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=Misc/photograph y/framing/enlargement> the first one PS bicubic smoother.
A
Avery
Mar 9, 2006
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 19:50:59 +0200, Dave wrote:

Hi all,
Which would give better results…using CS2 to up res the images

Good guess. Use CS2 – and in one single step.
That is why we have Bicubic Smoother for.

Dave
Good guess???

Why the put down?

I was expressing an opinion based on my experience.

WTF are you doing?
K
Kingdom
Mar 9, 2006
"KatWoman" wrote in
news:Z0JPf.546$:

Avery wrote in
4ax.com:

Hi all,
Which would give better results…using CS2 to up res the images or
buying Genuine Fractals. I only want to push my images a bit…I get really crisp 11×14’s from my Canon 20D and am looking to go 16×20 and, if the ad-hype is correct 20×24.
enlargements…but what
Frank
thanks again

No, don’t judge it on the screen boost the res and the size from A4 at 72 to 300 and print something at least 36inches it’s a marked improvement.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections