J
Posted By
jdoe
Mar 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, Long time PS user though i still tend to learn something new several times a year.

You can have a Opacity Mask but is there such a thing as a displacement mask or is the only way you can use displacement saving your displacement map as a separate image?

If there’s no native way to have a displacement Mask in PS, is there some third party solution. I’d give just about anything to have the same freedom with displacement that I have with transparency

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

T
toby
Mar 3, 2006
wrote:
Hi, Long time PS user though i still tend to learn something new several times a year.

You can have a Opacity Mask but is there such a thing as a displacement mask or is the only way you can use displacement saving your displacement map as a separate image?

If there’s no native way to have a displacement Mask in PS, is there some third party solution. I’d give just about anything to have the same freedom with displacement that I have with transparency

A few years ago I wrote a "Displace by Selection" filter. Contact me for more details… Or I might just decide to publish the darn thing…
D
Dave
Mar 4, 2006
On 3 Mar 2006 11:38:09 -0800, "toby" wrote:

A few years ago I wrote a "Displace by Selection" filter. Contact me for more details… Or I might just decide to publish the darn thing…

Can it be used on the trolls on this ng as well?

Dave
K
KatWoman
Mar 4, 2006
"Dave" wrote in message

Dave
Can it be used on the trolls on this ng as well? Hehe LOL

I block em or ignore them, when they change their addys I just block em some more……..
T
Tacit
Mar 4, 2006
In article ,
wrote:

Photoshop does not have a "displacement mask" in the sense of a grayscale mask that does real-time displacement which can be edited later. The only displacement effect is the Displace filter which uses a grayscale displacement map to do a permanent displacement.

A real-time, non-destructive, editable displacement mask would be a very nice feature, though it would require a considerable amount of processor overhead; the Displace filter on a couple-hundred megabyte image is no speed demon even on a high-end computer.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com
T
toby
Mar 4, 2006
Dave wrote:

Can it be used on the trolls on this ng as well?

LOL. If only!

Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections