JD
Posted By
Joe_Dempsey
Jul 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use the pen tool quite a bit to select objects for dropouts, etc. Normally, I make a rough outline with the pen tool then go back with the direct selection tool (white arrow)and tweak which normally consists of deleting and adding anchor points. Up until a few days ago, when in the direction selection mode, I could press P and get the pen tool either in the plus or minus mode to add or delete anchor points and hit alt to switch. Life was good. Now, when in the direct selection mode, when I press P, I get the cross-hairs to create a new path instead … and there appears to be nothing I can do to go back to the preferred method. Have I angered the pixel-Gods, is the the phase of the moon. What have I done and how can I fix it? XP Home / P4 2.8 / 1 gig ram.
Thanks in advance,
Joe

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MA
Mark_Allen
Jul 10, 2004
Two points Joe.

1st, It seems you have your "Caps Lock" ON OR you have just downloaded the latest WIN XP fix for whatever What! I’m going thru the same rubbish with my language.

2nd, if your Wacom doesn’t work? So What! This is an Adobe forum for Photoshop and what are you doing here?

Luckily you have the faith and stamina that enables you to ask a question in a forum you believe in and the recipients are of a non-violent nature.

Are your drivers up to date? Work back on what you have done and suss it out yorself, THEN post back and tell us how you got on. There are others who WILL benefit from your knowledge.

Regards

Mark
JD
Joe_Dempsey
Jul 10, 2004
Mark:
Thanks for reassuring me of the non-violent nature of the forum denizens. Thank God my Wacom works well … now if only … (oops that should go to another forum). I don’t think it was the evil caps lock key, but I will experiment and see. Also someone said it could be a stuck escape key. The search continues!
TNX,
Joe
P
Phosphor
Jul 10, 2004
Mark…

Have you gotten your dipstick stuck in your dillhole tonight?

You certainly are having a grand old time bustin’ chops and talking nonsense.

Have you, perchance, swallowed a Todie?
JD
Joe_Dempsey
Jul 10, 2004
But seriously now folks, a funny thing happened on the way to the keyboard shortcut editing function. I disabled the P on the pen tool and enabled it on the add anchor point, delete anchor point and free-form tools. Now life is good again. Editing paths is again fun and profitable … not necessarily in that order.
Joe

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections