TB
Posted By
Tim_Barwick
Jul 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone had any experience with button making (like buttons with slogans or advertising on them) hardware? I’m looking for something reasonably priced to do small runs.

Thanks! 🙂

-=Tim=-

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 9, 2004
do a google search. or ask at a local print shop. or are you looking for something you can do yourself? (again google will be a big help).
SF
Stacy_Fontenot_-_NSU
Jul 9, 2004
<http://www.buttonbiz.com/>
They have a downloadable template that I used to create all the designs while waiting for delivery. We got the machine, punch, and buttons in about 5 days on a PO. We later ordered 2500 additional buttons.
The only thing I must warn you was that instructions were not included. I had seen an online video demo from another company and learned that way. We went with this company because they were the best price at the time.
We got the 2.25" round system and substituted the rotary circle cutter with the graphic punch. I printed the designs out on tabloid size paper in the inkjet and 2 others punched and made buttons. Us 3 working together put out about 200 buttons an hour.
I couldn’t image using one of the button makers you mush with your hands. Working steadily on this machine (although pretty easy) will take it out of you after 1000 buttons!
They also have square and rectangle buttons.
Good luck!
Stacy
SF
Stacy_Fontenot_-_NSU
Jul 9, 2004
Found the movie and another company to look at.
<http://www.buttonsonline.com/movie/video1.html>
Stacy
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 10, 2004
nice post(s) stacy. very informative.

dave
TH
Tim_Horning
Jul 10, 2004
I have had great success using the basic "150" machine from www.usabuttons.com — very reasonable and nice people to deal with.
TB
Tim_Barwick
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks y’all, lots to think about. 🙂

-=Tim=-
DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 10, 2004
Tim B.

Just as information, I have seen this equipment listed on eBay from time to time.
TB
Tim_Barwick
Jul 11, 2004
Wow, lots of them on eBay! 🙂

-=Tim=-
J
johnkissane3
Jul 12, 2004
Does that tell us something?
TB
Tim_Barwick
Jul 13, 2004
Uh, lots of new ones on sale? 🙂

-=Tim=-
J
johnkissane3
Jul 14, 2004
Sorry, meant to say "doesn’t that tell us something?" smiling-ly

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections