FB
Posted By
Fabio Bernardino
Feb 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK. I know the Eizo are the best but what would be a good option in a 2 monitor setup ? The other monitor is a CRT.

The 19 inch LCD would be used for daily activities and for Photoshop’s palettes.

Thank you.

Fabio Pereira Bernardino
Rio de Janeiro – Brazil
— Remove SPAM before replying

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
clive
Feb 13, 2006
Hi

I have an 17" LCD monitor as my main monitor and a 15" CRT as my 2nd monitor, my machine has 2 video cards although you can of course use a dual output video card if thats what you have. I have been using dual monitors for about 4 years and would hate to have to back to a single monitor.

Good luck with it.

"Fabio Bernardino" wrote in message
OK. I know the Eizo are the best but what would be a good option in a 2 monitor setup ? The other monitor is a CRT.

The 19 inch LCD would be used for daily activities and for Photoshop’s palettes.

Thank you.

Fabio Pereira Bernardino
Rio de Janeiro – Brazil
— Remove SPAM before replying
TN
Tesco News
Feb 13, 2006
"Fabio Bernardino" wrote in message

Thank you.

Fabio Pereira Bernardino
Rio de Janeiro – Brazil

Hi there.

If you are planning on using the new one only for the Tools, and not the Images, then you could simply buy the cheapest available.

While it will do no harm if it is, the "Tools" monitor does not really need to be Calibrated or Profiled. My second Monitor is a very old one, and its colours are well out, but Images are never on it.

Roy G
PF
Paul Furman
Feb 14, 2006
Fabio Bernardino wrote:

I just realized I can turn on my laptop monitor (normally have it docked to a 21" CRT). This will take some getting used to.
K
KatWoman
Feb 17, 2006
"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Fabio Bernardino wrote:

I just realized I can turn on my laptop monitor (normally have it docked to a 21" CRT). This will take some getting used to.

you mean put the tools onto the laptop monitor and use the 21 for the image? is that controlled by the vid card in the desktop? how do I set that up?
PF
Paul Furman
Feb 20, 2006
KatWoman wrote:
"Paul Furman" wrote in message

Fabio Bernardino wrote:

you mean put the tools onto the laptop monitor and use the 21 for the image? is that controlled by the vid card in the desktop? how do I set that up?

Yes, the 21" is the main monitor & I put toolbars in the laptop monitor. I am just using the laptop, no second computer. Destop properties > Settings, then each video card is different I think.

It’s not really useful for much besides photoshop & AutoCAD.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections