J
Posted By
JAMES
Feb 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m sure this is a basic function, but how do I resize & move a single layer in photoshop cs2?

I have a few layers, but just want to move & resize just one. Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jaSPAMc
Feb 6, 2006
On 5 Feb 2006 16:32:39 -0800, "JAMES" found these unused words floating about:

I’m sure this is a basic function, but how do I resize & move a single layer in photoshop cs2?

^A, Transform
N
noone
Feb 6, 2006
In article ,
says…

Make THAT Layer active, by clicking on it. Use the Move Tool, the one with the little cross and arrowheads on each end. To Scale a Layer, Ctrl-T (Free Transform), and, while holding Shift, Click-drag on on corner "handle." There are other Transform>Scale methods. Choose what is best for you. Search Help F1 for Scale and Transform.

Hunt
J
JAMES
Feb 6, 2006
That did it! Thanks a million!
N
noone
Feb 6, 2006
In article ,
says…
That did it! Thanks a million!

Great!

I also forgot to add, that when in Transform (Free, or one of the set, like Scale), you can Move the Layer around, without using the Move Tool. Plus, if one is doing the Scale, Rotate, Skew, etc. you can move the point, around/from which the Transform operation takes place.

Hunt
J
JAMES
Feb 8, 2006
thanks for the info, is there a way to transform it, but keep the height & width in proportion to the origional…. or is it just eyeballing it?
N
noone
Feb 9, 2006
In article ,
says…
thanks for the info, is there a way to transform it, but keep the height & width in proportion to the origional…. or is it just eyeballing it?

Yes, hold Shift, and click-drag on one of the corner "boxes." If you also wish to Move it, click-drag inside the Bounding Box, and put it where you want it, before you hit Enter. This will work in both Transform>Scale, and Transform>Free Transform. If, in Free Transform, you wish to Skew, or distort the image, hit Ctrl-click-drag on a corner, to work from JUST that corner. Also, there will be a "target" shown, when you go to Transform. If you wish, you can move that, so the transformation works from that point. Really helpful if you are doing any rotation, and wish to establish a new point of rotation, say the lower-left corner.

Hunt

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections