P
Posted By
pshaw
Jan 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
i received the ‘best of photoshop dvd – the 7th year’ and can’t get it to run: a message saying i need a plug in pops up. i called the company that makes it "photoshopvideos.com" and they want me to buy a $30 software to run it! does anyone know what plug in i need and where to get it for free? i have tried wmp 10, real and free quicktime.

tia … steve

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SG
Scott Glasgow
Jan 18, 2006
wrote:
i received the ‘best of photoshop dvd – the 7th year’ and can’t get it to run: a message saying i need a plug in pops up. i called the company that makes it "photoshopvideos.com" and they want me to buy a $30 software to run it! does anyone know what plug in i need and where to get it for free? i have tried wmp 10, real and free quicktime.

tia … steve

I am presuming that you mean the "Best of Photoshop User: The 7th Year" DVD currently available at their site. I checked out their site and ordering process up to the point of actually checking out, and nowhere did I see any "system requirements" posted, nor a disclaimer that any of the products were anything but standalone, viewable DVDs. I don’t know where you are located, or your country’s credit card regulations, but here in Cincinnati that would be grounds for charging back the cost of the DVD and shipping to them. A call to them suggesting that this is your intent if you do not receive satisfaction may make them more amenable to cooperation.

I suspect that the format is probably Quicktime, which is the one used by Russell Brown and other PS stalwarts. It may simply be that your version is not up to date. Coincidentally, the cost of the Pro version is $30, so that may be what they were talking about. However, you do not need the authoring capabilities of the Pro version, so you can download the latest version of the free viewer here:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html

If that is not the problem, please specify the "$30 software to run it!" that they said you required.

Cheers,
Scott
K
KatWoman
Jan 18, 2006
"Scott Glasgow" wrote in message
wrote:

tia … steve

I am presuming that you mean the "Best of Photoshop User: The 7th Year" DVD currently available at their site. I checked out their site and ordering process up to the point of actually checking out, and nowhere did I see any "system requirements" posted, nor a disclaimer that any of the products were anything but standalone, viewable DVDs. I don’t know where you are located, or your country’s credit card regulations, but here in Cincinnati that would be grounds for charging back the cost of the DVD and shipping to them. A call to them suggesting that this is your intent if you do not receive satisfaction may make them more amenable to cooperation.

I suspect that the format is probably Quicktime, which is the one used by Russell Brown and other PS stalwarts. It may simply be that your version is not up to date. Coincidentally, the cost of the Pro version is $30, so that may be what they were talking about. However, you do not need the authoring capabilities of the Pro version, so you can download the latest version of the free viewer here:

If that is not the problem, please specify the "$30 software to run it!" that they said you required.

Cheers,
Scott
try DIV-x or Klite codecs
they play almost any format
P
pshaw
Jan 19, 2006
thanks for the comments …

the video was ‘free’ from napp (which i like btw) … and when i spoke to them they mentioned that they were making sure the newest dvd did not require any non standard software; i do have the latest windows and quicktime – no luck …but! i did find www.videolan.org has a program called the vlc media player and they say it will play most media and indeed it does! and the price is right, free 🙂 …

i have been able to play every other dvd, including russell brown (he is the best!)’s …just not the one from photoshopvideos.com … i can not recommend them if only for that reason …

i’m 1/2 way through the first dvd and its nice to actually see in front of me what i read in the magazine. once again i highly recommend napp (www.photoshopuser.com) for the beginning/intermediate photoshop user like myself (no financial interest) … one benefit is you pay no shipping charges with b&h!

steve emmet

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:40:30 -0500, "Scott Glasgow" wrote:

wrote:

tia … steve

Cheers,
Scott
T
Teun
Jan 20, 2006
That’s why I put WindowsMediaPlayer and many other players in to the trash! VLC plays everything.. even xvid and bin files.

schreef in bericht
thanks for the comments …

the video was ‘free’ from napp (which i like btw) … and when i spoke to them they mentioned that they were making sure the newest dvd did not require any non standard software; i do have the latest windows and quicktime – no luck …but! i did find www.videolan.org has a program called the vlc media player and they say it will play most media and indeed it does! and the price is right, free 🙂 …
i have been able to play every other dvd, including russell brown (he is the best!)’s …just not the one from photoshopvideos.com … i can not recommend them if only for that reason …

i’m 1/2 way through the first dvd and its nice to actually see in front of me what i read in the magazine. once again i highly recommend napp (www.photoshopuser.com) for the beginning/intermediate photoshop user like myself (no financial interest) … one benefit is you pay no shipping charges with b&h!

steve emmet

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:40:30 -0500, "Scott Glasgow" wrote:

wrote:

tia … steve

I am presuming that you mean the "Best of Photoshop User: The 7th Year" DVD
currently available at their site. I checked out their site and ordering process up to the point of actually checking out, and nowhere did I see any
"system requirements" posted, nor a disclaimer that any of the products were
anything but standalone, viewable DVDs. I don’t know where you are located,
or your country’s credit card regulations, but here in Cincinnati that would
be grounds for charging back the cost of the DVD and shipping to them. A call to them suggesting that this is your intent if you do not receive satisfaction may make them more amenable to cooperation.
I suspect that the format is probably Quicktime, which is the one used by Russell Brown and other PS stalwarts. It may simply be that your version is
not up to date. Coincidentally, the cost of the Pro version is $30, so that
may be what they were talking about. However, you do not need the authoring
capabilities of the Pro version, so you can download the latest version of the free viewer here:

Cheers,
Scott

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections