Posted By
joeyconnick
Jan 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I’m using Photoshop CS on Windows XP (SP2) and I was hoping someone had a solution for this: wheneven I click on a tool in the toolbar, all the group tools show up. This is despite whatever I have set in Edit -> Preferences -> General for "Use Shift Key for Tool Switch" (i.e. it happens whether I have it checked or unchecked) and despite having deleted my preferences just recently in case they were screwed up.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

P.S. On a totally different note, maybe I’m just crazy but how on Earth does one post a new topic on the Adobe User forums? I’m logged in and looking at the Photoshop Windows forum but there is NO "Add Topic" button or link that I can see.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Boskey
Jan 16, 2006
wrote in message
P.S. On a totally different note, maybe I’m just crazy but how on Earth does one post a new topic on the Adobe User forums? I’m logged in and looking at the Photoshop Windows forum but there is NO "Add Topic" button or link that I can see.

In the Adobe Photoshop Forum, just below the RSS feed information there are three Links – Bookmark, Add Topic, and Change Subscription.
CJ
C J Southern
Jan 17, 2006
wrote in message
Hi there,

I’m using Photoshop CS on Windows XP (SP2) and I was hoping someone had a solution for this: wheneven I click on a tool in the toolbar, all the group tools show up.

Stuck shift key?
J
joeyconnick
Jan 20, 2006
I really wish it was but it’s definitely not as I can CapItalise or NoT capitalise quite easily.
J
joeyconnick
Jan 20, 2006
I only have two links there: Bookmark and Change Subscription.

Weird, huh?
K
KatWoman
Jan 20, 2006
wrote in message
Hi there,

I’m using Photoshop CS on Windows XP (SP2) and I was hoping someone had a solution for this: wheneven I click on a tool in the toolbar, all the group tools show up. This is despite whatever I have set in Edit -> Preferences -> General for "Use Shift Key for Tool Switch" (i.e. it happens whether I have it checked or unchecked) and despite having deleted my preferences just recently in case they were screwed up.

go into Control Panel>.Mouse check your mouse and make sure you don’t have the clicks set wrong, test the buttons on it. My tools only show if I hold down the mouse key. double click or single click selects the tool and options
J
joeyconnick
Jan 21, 2006
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:21:59 -0500 in message
<xndAf.1625$>, "KatWoman"
wrote:

wrote in message
Hi there,

go into Control Panel>.Mouse check your mouse and make sure you don’t have the clicks set wrong, test the buttons on it. My tools only show if I hold down the mouse key. double click or single click selects the tool and options

Thank you SO much… for some reason the faster you have your double-click speed set, the more it increases the likelihood of triggering the toolbar group menus on a single-click.

Joey

Walking on eggshells isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
D
dvus
Jan 22, 2006
Joey Connick wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:21:59 -0500 in message
<xndAf.1625$>, "KatWoman"
wrote:
wrote in message
Hi there,

Thank you SO much… for some reason the faster you have your double-click speed set, the more it increases the likelihood of triggering the toolbar group menus on a single-click.

I’ve noticed right-clicking on a tool opens all the variations right away. I suppose one might have inadvertantly reversed their buttons in the mouse controls as well.

dvus

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections