A
Posted By
Alan
Jan 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can I prevent photoshop being the default program to open downloaded PDF files please?
AL

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SG
Scott Glasgow
Jan 16, 2006
Alan wrote:
How can I prevent photoshop being the default program to open downloaded PDF files please?
AL

Install the latest version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. The installation process should reassign Reader as the default for opening PDFs. If not, and you’re on a Windows machine, hold down Shift and right-click a PDF file in Explorer. In the context menu, select "Open With," then browse to wherever Reader is installed and select it. Make sure the box "Always use this program… " is checked. That should get you sorted out.

If you use IE and you’ve got Reader installed, clicking a PDF file URL in the browser should open it in the IE Acrobat Reader ActiveX control within IE. If so, you can select the Save a copy icon at the upper left of the control to save as PDF to your hard drive.

If you’re on a Mac, I have no idea what you need to do.

Cheers,
Scott
A
Alan
Jan 16, 2006
Excellent, thank you very much.
AL

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:28:32 -0000, Scott Glasgow
wrote:

Alan wrote:
AL

Install the latest version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. The installation process should reassign Reader as the default for opening PDFs.
If not, and you’re on a Windows machine, hold down Shift and right-click a
PDF file in Explorer. In the context menu, select "Open With," then browse
to wherever Reader is installed and select it. Make sure the box "Always use
this program… " is checked. That should get you sorted out.
If you use IE and you’ve got Reader installed, clicking a PDF file URL in the browser should open it in the IE Acrobat Reader ActiveX control within
IE. If so, you can select the Save a copy icon at the upper left of the control to save as PDF to your hard drive.

If you’re on a Mac, I have no idea what you need to do.

Cheers,
Scott

Using Opera’s revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections