S
Posted By
Smurfy
Jan 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had to replace my C: Drive and had Adobe CS 1 installed as my Home office version (one on the lap top, one on the desk top).

After install it refuses to validate, (last validation was approx 4 months ago).

What do I have to do to get this thing running?

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

N
noone
Jan 9, 2006
In article , says…
I had to replace my C: Drive and had Adobe CS 1 installed as my Home office version (one on the lap top, one on the desk top).

After install it refuses to validate, (last validation was approx 4 months ago).

Thanks

Call Adobe with your documentation handy. They will likely have it sorted out in minutes. Though some sqwak about Adobe, I’ve had nothing but great service, even when upgrading to newer ver, and my S/N was for many vers back, and not in the database. They have always come through quickly and in a cheerful manner.

Hunt
CJ
C J Southern
Jan 9, 2006
They write to a low-level sector on the HDD. Best procedure is to transfer the activation before changing HDDs if possible – failing that, give them a call.
A
Avery
Jan 10, 2006
On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:40:23 -0800, "Runnin’ on Empty" wrote:

Thanks
I have had the same problem a couple of times. Just call Adobe. Very helpful.
F
Fungusamungus
Jan 10, 2006
"Avery" wrote in message
| On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:40:23 -0800, "Runnin’ on Empty" | wrote:
|
| >I had to replace my C: Drive and had Adobe CS 1 installed as my Home office
| >version (one on the lap top, one on the desk top). | >
| >After install it refuses to validate, (last validation was approx 4 months
| >ago).
| >
| >What do I have to do to get this thing running?
| >
| >Thanks
| >
| I have had the same problem a couple of times. Just call Adobe. Very | helpful.

I’ve been reading up a little on validation. On the old hardrive/install, you have to choose "transfer activation" (in the help menu I think), this way it basically disables the current install, and knows you’re going to be installing Photoshop onto a different workstation (and hence, reactivating it won’t be a problem).
S
Smurfy
Jan 10, 2006
"C J Southern" wrote in message
They write to a low-level sector on the HDD. Best procedure is to transfer the activation before changing HDDs if possible – failing that, give them a
call.
Thanks for all the replies… actually, it turned out the activation servers were down… last night it validated just fine.

Curious thing, though… When I replaced my C: drive with a larger model (120), I also formatted both of my other two drives before installing CS.

I still got the 30 day expired screen, even though anything the original install should have wrote was erased…

I’m wondering if Adobe makes a BIOS change, as this is the only constant in the change over.
CJ
C J Southern
Jan 10, 2006
They write to a sector of a HDD that’s not touched by a high-level (normal) format. If you were to do a low-level format (almost unheard of these days) you’d wipe out all traces of it.
H
howldog
Jan 11, 2006
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:25:04 +1300, "C J Southern" wrote:

They write to a sector of a HDD that’s not touched by a high-level (normal) format. If you were to do a low-level format (almost unheard of these days) you’d wipe out all traces of it.

Doesnt a low-level format require a complete re-building of the system, setting the BIOS, stuff like that?
CJ
C J Southern
Jan 14, 2006
"howldog" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:25:04 +1300, "C J Southern" wrote:

They write to a sector of a HDD that’s not touched by a high-level
(normal)
format. If you were to do a low-level format (almost unheard of these
days)
you’d wipe out all traces of it.

Doesnt a low-level format require a complete re-building of the system, setting the BIOS, stuff like that?

The BIOS doesn’t really come into it. Drives are low-level formatted by the manufacturer – it’s where they map out the initial bad sectors (you never get to see them) – add an engineering track etc for SMART data etc.

Frankly, what Adobe are doing is a bit "naughty" – if everyone started doing it all hell would break loose.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections