Posted By
Pascal
Jan 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I don’t have much experiance yet (using Photoshop 6.0), but I was using Photoshop to change a building plan that was sent to my on pdf. I choose to use Photoshop, because it’s the only program on my pc, that can edit, and create a new pdf.
This worked out very well, but I have far to much layers. I didn’t understand that every time, I added a text-field, the program created a new layer for it. Even if I put a, old layer (with text) on top of the layer list, and try to add my text there.
It must be simple, but I didn’t find it…

Can anybody help me with this?

thanks,
Pascal.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TC
tony cooper
Jan 7, 2006
On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 16:17:50 GMT, "Pascal" wrote:

Hello,

I don’t have much experiance yet (using Photoshop 6.0), but I was using Photoshop to change a building plan that was sent to my on pdf. I choose to use Photoshop, because it’s the only program on my pc, that can edit, and create a new pdf.
This worked out very well, but I have far to much layers. I didn’t understand that every time, I added a text-field, the program created a new layer for it. Even if I put a, old layer (with text) on top of the layer list, and try to add my text there.

I’m not sure if I understand the question, but you can merge several layers into one layer. You can click off all the layers except the ones you want to merge so that only these layers show. Then right click and "merge visible". All the layers shown will then be one layer.

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
P
Pascal
Jan 7, 2006
Thanks, I just did, and it works fine!

Pascal.
J
jaSPAMc
Jan 7, 2006
On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 16:21:53 GMT, Tony Cooper
found these unused words floating about:

Hello,

I’m not sure if I understand the question, but you can merge several layers into one layer. You can click off all the layers except the ones you want to merge so that only these layers show. Then right click and "merge visible". All the layers shown will then be one layer.

Text has to be rendered before ‘flattening".
TC
tony cooper
Jan 7, 2006
On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 08:42:46 -0800, J. A. Mc.
wrote:

Hello,

No, if you click "merge visible" on the open type layers the layers will automatically become rasterized.

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
J
jaSPAMc
Jan 7, 2006
On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:29:48 GMT, Tony Cooper

wrote:

Hello,

No, if you click "merge visible" on the open type layers the layers will automatically become rasterized.

rendered = rasterized … !!!
TC
tony cooper
Jan 7, 2006
On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 12:45:12 -0800, J. A. Mc.
wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:29:48 GMT, Tony Cooper

wrote:

Hello,

rendered = rasterized … !!!

I know that. The point is that you don’t need to do it. It’s automatic when you merge visible.

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
E
edjh
Jan 8, 2006
Pascal wrote:
Hello,

thanks,
Pascal.
Double-click on the T on the text layer you want to edit. The text will highlight and you can add or delete text on that layer.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
N
noone
Jan 8, 2006
In article , tony_cooper213
@earthlink.net says…
Hello,

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL

Only caveat, would be to first Save_As PSD, so the text Layers are still editable, THEN one could Merge, say all text Layers into one, same for various overlays, etc. Do keep the full-Layered PSD on file, so you can easily make changes to it. Sure beats having to use the Clone Tool to "erase" out type, that is no longer editable.

Hunt
P
Pascal
Jan 8, 2006
Double-click on the T on the text layer you want to edit. The text will highlight and you can add or delete text on that layer.

Very helpfull tip, thanks.

Pascal;

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections