W
Posted By
watchcat
Jan 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve dug up an old Wacom tablet (CT-0608-R) which I want to give to my niece, but the driver disk is ancient. Anyone know where I can get an XP driver (or at least something of this millenium?). I can’t see the model listed in the Wacom drivers site.
cheers
bp

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

F
Fungusamungus
Jan 6, 2006
"watchcat" wrote in message
I’ve dug up an old Wacom tablet (CT-0608-R) which I want to give to my niece, but the driver disk is ancient. Anyone know where I can get an XP driver (or at least something of this millenium?). I can’t see the model listed in the Wacom drivers site.
cheers
bp

If Wacom doesn’t have it on their site, your real only hope is that XP will have at least a generic driver for it. Otherwise, there’s no way you’re going to get it to work in XP, assuming XP will even *recognize* said hardware.
N
noone
Jan 6, 2006
In article <43be8482$0$24070$>,
says…
cheers
bp

Don’t know that tablet, but I’ve had good luck with all of the newer drivers working with my ArtZII’s on different, more modern OS’s. It might be worth a try to see if the newer one(s) work. IIRC, most of Wacom’s tablets were Serial through the ArtZII, then USB was introduced about the early Inutos line. You may have to look for a Serial driver. If you cannot find one, I’ll bet that I still have my ArtZII (1.44MB disk) around. Let me know if you’d like to try that one. As Fungusamungus suggests, XP may have a generic tablet driver in its pack, that will work. Other than making sure that the IC’s are right on your Serial port, all should work. Good luck.

Hunt
MR
Mike Russell
Jan 6, 2006
cheers

As Hunt says, Wacom’s drivers generally support their older tablets. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
B
Boskey
Jan 6, 2006
cheers
bp

Try here. http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/select.cfm
B
Boskey
Jan 6, 2006
"Jimmy" wrote in message
cheers
bp

Try here. http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/select.cfm
I should have added, it the CT in the number is correct, you have the PenPartner series.
R
Ricardo
Jan 10, 2006
On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 01:53:54 +1100, "watchcat" wrote:

cheers
bp

I would have thought that the most obvious thing to do would be to send WACOM tech support an e-mail.

Elmo Thud
F
Fungusamungus
Jan 10, 2006
"Elmo Thud" wrote in message
| On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 01:53:54 +1100, "watchcat" | wrote:
|
| >I’ve dug up an old Wacom tablet (CT-0608-R) which I want to give to my | >niece, but the driver disk is ancient. Anyone know where I can get an XP | >driver (or at least something of this millenium?). I can’t see the model | >listed in the Wacom drivers site.
| >cheers
| >bp
|
| I would have thought that the most obvious thing to do would be to | send WACOM tech support an e-mail.
|
| Elmo Thud

Wacom is notorious for having piss-poor customer service (just re-read the thread about the person wanting to purchase replacement nibs, and Wacom C.S. telling him he had to buy a whole new pen!)
C
Charley
Jan 12, 2006
I’ve never had a problem in any of my dealings with Wacom Tech Suport and I’ve been doing business with Wacom for years. In fact, I rate them as one of the best of all of the tech support groups that I’ve ever done business with. I’ve ordered nibs and never had a problem getting them. I once had to wait a few extra days for a pen that was back-ordered, but that was the only time that I’ve ever failed to get what I needed at the time that I asked for it. Are you sure that you are dealing with Wacom?

Of course, what I use are the Intuous models which are intended for "Professional Graphics People" and not the "home owner grade" Graphire model tablets. These are more intended as "low priced toys" or "use it and throw it away items" and I wouldn’t expect Wacom to provide the same kind of service for a "toy".

Charley

"fungusamungus" wrote in message
"Elmo Thud" wrote in message
| On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 01:53:54 +1100, "watchcat" | wrote:
|
| >I’ve dug up an old Wacom tablet (CT-0608-R) which I want to give to my | >niece, but the driver disk is ancient. Anyone know where I can get an
XP
| >driver (or at least something of this millenium?). I can’t see the
model
| >listed in the Wacom drivers site.
| >cheers
| >bp
|
| I would have thought that the most obvious thing to do would be to | send WACOM tech support an e-mail.
|
| Elmo Thud

Wacom is notorious for having piss-poor customer service (just re-read the thread about the person wanting to purchase replacement nibs, and Wacom

C.S.
telling him he had to buy a whole new pen!)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections