Posted By
cb750
Jan 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I am scanning TEM (transmission electron microscopy) negatives using PS CS and Epson Perfection Photo 4990. In these negatives, there is a small rectangular area on the bottom which has some information like micron bar, etc. This area is in complete contrast with the remaining part of the image. For a long time, I would scan negatives and everytime it would give me different results (image contrast). I just realized that it was doing so because it has some kind of auto contrast, which would change the image depending upon the area I select with the marquee during scanning. If I select only a part of the film (without the transparent area in the bottom), it would give me results as expected.

Is there a way to disable this auto contrast? I went into configurations and tried a few things but could not fix the problem. It is important for me to scan the whole film as it is, including the bar in the bottom.

Alpesh

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
cb750
Jan 5, 2006
I also noticed that if there is a feature in the micrograph which has higher contrast, like a dark precipitate, it will further increase the contrast (same thing as with the area in the bottom) I just want my scanner software/PS to scan as I have in the original film, not to act smart on its own.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections