R
Posted By
Ricardo
Jan 1, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A happy new (and improved) year to one and all.

As a sub-amateur dabbling with Photoshop CS, I am mystified with the behavior of the "Basic Brushes". If I draw very slowly, I get a continuous line or curve, which is what I want, but if I move the pointer any faster than snail-snot speed, instead of a continuous line I get individual dots, and the faster I move the pointer, the greater the distance between the dots. Why does this happen? And is there any way to stop it. BTW, none of the other brush sets seem to display the above mentioned behavior, and I use a Wacom Intuos 2 tablet.

Any ideas?

Elmo Thud

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

I
Infinitech
Jan 1, 2006
Elmo Thud wrote:

As a sub-amateur dabbling with Photoshop CS, I am mystified with the behavior of the "Basic Brushes". If I draw very slowly, I get a continuous line or curve, which is what I want, but if I move the pointer any faster than snail-snot speed, instead of a continuous line I get individual dots, and the faster I move the pointer, the greater the distance between the dots. Why does this happen? And is there any way to stop it. BTW, none of the other brush sets seem to display the above mentioned behavior, and I use a Wacom Intuos 2 tablet.
Any ideas?

Elmo Thud

Are you working with a tablet or a mouse?
K
KatWoman
Jan 2, 2006
"Elmo Thud" wrote in message

Any ideas?

Elmo Thud

look in the brushes options listed at left in the palette look at spacing
fade
pen pressure
jitter etc
it previews in the little box below to see how the brush will paint
R
Ricardo
Jan 3, 2006
On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 20:04:41 +0100, "Infinitech" wrote:

Elmo Thud wrote:

Any ideas?

Elmo Thud

Are you working with a tablet or a mouse?

If you look at the last sentence in the second paragraph of my original post (above), you will see the answer to your question.

Elmo Thud
R
Ricardo
Jan 3, 2006
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:56:09 -0500, "KatWoman"
wrote:

Any ideas?

Elmo Thud

fade
pen pressure
jitter etc

I did look in the brush settings section, and I did not see options for spacing or fade. I did try to change all available options, but nothing seemed to make any difference. 🙁

Thanks for taking the time to help, I appreciate it.

Elmo Thud
R
Ricardo
Jan 3, 2006
On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 14:16:48 +1100, Elmo Thud
wrote:

wrote:

Any ideas?

Elmo Thud

fade
pen pressure
jitter etc

I did look in the brush settings section, and I did not see options for spacing or fade. I did try to change all available options, but nothing seemed to make any difference. 🙁

Elmo Thud

After reading your suggestions above, I went back into PS and discovered the spacing option (what a rat’s maze of infinite options). This seems to be what caused the problem. Mystery resolved! But… for some reason the Basic Brush set seems to have the "spacing" check box unchecked by default. I guess I’ll have to create some custom brushes to get around that.

Thanks again for your help.

Elmo Thud
K
KatWoman
Jan 3, 2006
On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 14:16:48 +1100, Elmo Thud
wrote:

wrote:

Any ideas?

Elmo Thud

fade
pen pressure
jitter etc

Elmo Thud

After reading your suggestions above, I went back into PS and discovered the spacing option (what a rat’s maze of infinite options). This seems to be what caused the problem. Mystery resolved! But… for some reason the Basic Brush set seems to have the "spacing" check box unchecked by default. I guess I’ll have to create some custom brushes to get around that.

Thanks again for your help.

Elmo Thud

you can also download free brush sets from Adobe Studio Exchange some are quite creative
I got some flares, some textures, some lightening

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections